xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Lend A Helping Hand To The Lowly! as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people

Once when Dwight Moody lost his father at a very young age, he had to leave his mother and brothers to find a place where he could get some help. He was supposed to work for a very old man and his wife and to earn a few cents to support himself. But, he felt so homesick and he wanted to leave. At that time, when he was standing on the pavement near a shop, an old man approached him and gently tapped on his head and asked, ?Are you the little boy new to this town?? When Moody answered yes, he started talking to him about Jesus, God?s only Son who came to save him, a poor little lad in the countryside. And then he put his hand in his pocket, pulled out one cent and handed it over to Moody. This touched Moody?s longing heart. He learnt later that it was the habit of this old man to meet any new boy entering the town, tell Him of God?s love and extend a helping hand to meet his needs. Moody said later, ?I may not be like that man, but down into my pocket goes my hand, and I take out some money and give it to every forlorn, miserable child I see. I think of the old man who lifted a load from me, and I want to lift a load from someone else.?The good Samaritan also did something like that. He met the dying traveler on the road, gave Him personal attention and extended a helping hand. And that is being like Christ! So, Moody advised people, ?Do you want to be like Christ? Go and find someone who has fallen, and get your arm under him, and lift him up toward heaven. The Lord will bless you in the very act.? Dear friends, if we really want to imitate Christ, let us go and find out someone who needs help and lend our hand to lift him or her up and show Christ?s love. Let us be load-lifters and glorify God always!

This is good advice but for someone living in a third world country like mine this will need spiritual help to achieve. Imagine seeing someone hungry every 2mins. Someone without shoes every 30 mins, someone walking to town every 50 metres, a kid asking for money every 10mins. You end up getting used to saying "I don't have.". Sometimes u can go for days without giving anyone anything. Some cases will make u look away and shed secret tears but sharing still is very difficult.

This is good advice but for someone living in a third world country like mine this will need spiritual help to achieve. Imagine seeing someone hungry every 2mins. Someone without shoes every 30 mins, someone walking to town every 50 metres, a kid asking for money every 10mins. You end up getting used to saying "I don't have.". Sometimes u can go for days without giving anyone anything. Some cases will make u look away and shed secret tears but sharing still is very difficult.

Is it a sin if we say we dont have money but the fact is we have given alot already, because they are all poor, should we sacrifice all ourself for them? I dont think so, i think poverty is because they are sinful, because god already gave what they had, their life, their limbs, they should be able to work and live themselves, but if we are too spoiling them, we just torment ourself, we should not give out money if we had already feel enough. DOnt anyone think the same, or god says "Give when you are asked", i think that is impossible, we are still mere human though

Dear friend thaks for such a good post. I completely agree to you and that should be the true nature of a human being. As what we belive is that god has showered someone with wealth and the real use of this wealth is to use it for those who lacks it. If everyone follows this suggestion I think there will be no poverty or hunger. God bless you. ?