xisto Community
curtis07

I'm Having Trouble Registering [resolved] (my application is accepted, but not going through)

I joined the forums here a week or two ago. I worked my credits up to about 39 and applied for an account (I became completely approved). However, when I tried registering my account, my browser was stuck on the "Xisto" page for about 48 hours. It just kept telling me to wait (it could take a "long time"). Eventually, I had to close my browser because it was using exorbitant levels of RAM. I lost all my credits anyway. I'm wondering how to fix that.Does my application require human input after being approved? I thought it was completely automatic, so I applied on a weekend. Maybe I shouldn't have applied on a weekend, but I saw no warnings. I would like to have my credits back so I can reapply.I would make this an admin email, but I feel this is a topic that merits discussion or at least attention. Perhaps it should be addressed in the starter FAQ. I don't remember seeing anything about the wait in the FAQ (and I read every word of every beginner FAQ). Maybe I missed something. Maybe it does take more than 48 hours, but that will just cause my ancient desktop computer to crash.Thanks for any help,Curtis

I never got an email with login information. I closed my browser before it had finished processing, so it never emailed me or gave me a message with information on how to login. I also registered with a domain name: openhisword.org, not the traditional (username).trap17.com subdomain. The account would seem to be set up, but it never finished for me. Even after 48 hours.

If I remember rightly, there is a link that was posted on all approved requests, was it https://support.xisto.com/ ? Where newly approved members had to go to manually confirm/setup their hosting.

So you could try going there and logging in and seeing what happens or as jlhaslip sad try logging into your cpanel with the address he gave you, once logged in (if you can) you can then bolt on your domain name that you bought and upload your pages etc..

If I remember rightly, there is a link that was posted on all approved requests, was it https://support.xisto.com/ ? Where newly approved members had to go to manually confirm/setup their hosting.
So you could try going there and logging in and seeing what happens or as jlhaslip sad try logging into your cpanel with the address he gave you, once logged in (if you can) you can then bolt on your domain name that you bought and upload your pages etc..

I do have it set up perfectly (or at least that's what it says). I have finally moved over most of my site's files to Xisto's hosting server now (and my domain's nameservers are all pointed correctly). It was up earlier today, but it seems to have gone away again. Perhaps the server is down for repair (does that happen often? I hope not). When it was up it was much faster than my last webhost.

I wanna know why there is a menu option to go to cPanel in the forum's hosting menu. It doesn't even work. I have to go to https://support.xisto.com/ and login from there to access cPanel. It's not that difficult, but there shouldn't be a broken link in the menu. It's slightly annoying when you try to access it for the first time and have to figure all that out.

I suppose I should update everyone on this, just for closure.My website is just fine now. I figured everything out. I was given the incorrect nameservers to point to. After a good amount of searching, I found the correct nameservers. It all works fine now.Apparently there are two links to follow to gain hosting. One is in the "credit system login" at /manage. The other is a link in the FAQ that directs you to some weird place with a lot of white space and directions. Anyway, the first one is the better idea. But I'm wondering why the FAQ is so outdated. I think a wiki would be a cool idea. That way it would stay up to date and many people could offer help.I am very satisfied with hosting here. It's quite wonderful. Besides my OpenHisWord website, I have been working on one with my roommate (technically his hosting account, in case you're wondering) called room2593. I couldn't be more happy with the hosting here. And I don't mind the occasional forum posting at all.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.