xisto Community
-Sky-

20/20 Mb Used What?

I uploaded my IPB 2.3.5 files and now my disc usage is 20/20 MB.The IPB 2.3.5 files rar is 5.11 MB of size.How is this possible? I'd like to upload my forum, for Central-Gaming (my site I just made) and now I can't because I have reached the maximum limit of disc space.Any help please?

Another (short-term) option would be to load up another Forum software until you can Upgrade to the Default (larger) package.

I suggest looking at AEF Forums http://anelectron.com/ for a fairly slick Forum software.

Lets take a look...

This site is the home of the Bulletin Board Software AEF. The full name of AEF is Advanced Electron Forum. This bulletin board software is free software. It is written in PHP and MySQL.
AEF has a very simple and easy to use Administration Panel and installing this software is a piece of cake! You can install new themes, customize themes the way you want. The User Control Panel has a simple yet beautiful interface where users can set their preferences for the board.

This Bulletin board or forum software has all the general features that a forum software should have. It also includes features such as :
- News System with articles
- ShoutBox
- Threaded Mode for topics
- JS DOCK for easy navigation(A first from AEF)
- WYSIWYG Editors
- Customizable Themes
- Language Packs
- Time Zone Adjustment
- Automatic Updates
- Export Files and Database
- Suggest Framework for usernames while writing PM's
- Domdrag for reordering Categories, Forums, emoticons (A new feature included for the first time ever in a forum software.)

Seems OK, but does it allow me to install modifications like IP.Board?
And the features:

1) New User Control Panel2) Calendar
3) Report Posts
4) Preview Posts
5) Users who have read this topic
6) Session Improvement
7) RSS Feeds
8) Smart Redirects
9) Group Legends
10) Direct Post Links
11) New Header
12) Delete Confirmation

^ Only 12 features :D IP.Board is large I know, I used to run a site with IceAge with SabreHost. We had the Elite Volume.

"Stats:10GB Webspace
750GB Bandwidth
1 Free Domain
1000 POP3 Emails
1000 FTP Accounts
100 Addon Domains
100 MySQL Databases
$9.99 Monthly"

^ That was a good package, however we had to pay for it :( It was good for the first 2 months, but then we couldn't pay the bills. :(
We need a good online marketing site, that does no scams with money.
As I am not allowed to have the money sent to my home, I need a good paying site that transfers the money to PayPal. :) Then I can buy hosting here :)

-Sky

I uploaded my IPB 2.3.5 files and now my disc usage is 20/20 MB.The IPB 2.3.5 files rar is 5.11 MB of size.
How is this possible? I'd like to upload my forum, for Central-Gaming (my site I just made) and now I can't because I have reached the maximum limit of disc space.
Any help please?

yah i beleive .rar files are well know for being able to compress very well so 5mb could uncompress into like 15-20mb
i say post some more then upgrade to the higher version; i have it and even though i have a blog, and a forum i've still barely scratched the surface so you should try to upgrade, that would be good.

Yeah, well now I'm stuck on the Database Details of IPS Installer.

I hope Central Gaming will be setup and complete within today, or a few hours. :)

I also have a few mods that I have, but I won't be able to put them on due to the space. I'll need to upgrade somehow.

Above all, the so few hours I've been [HOSTED] here, the services are incredibly awesome!

I'm loving this hosting very well. And the support...the support here is way better then the average support on other hosts.

By any chance, how can I get myself a .net domain? :)

By any chance, how can I get myself a .net domain? :)

https://xisto.com/.net domains are on SALE for USD 6.59 at the moment.

and i'm sure you've already read about the free domain offered here at Xisto if you have the credits to spare.

Yeah, winrar is used to compressed files and if I am right IPB is over 20MB uncompressed maybe more and so the second page wouldn't be able to hold that big of a forum. You could say that the second package is more a test package in terms of finding out what you can do and so it is set up for small websites or blogs and nothing big such as forums and a content driven website. So you would be better off getting the default package in order to support a forum like IPB.

Yeah, well thanks guys. When I get 30-40 credits I will request an upgrade. :)Where's the upgrade thing?
-Sky

To upgrade your account, go to your Hosting Account Center, and log in using your Xisto username and password. Once there, click on "Upgrade Your Hosting Account". From there the website will guide you through the necessary steps to upgrade.
Edited by galexcd (see edit history)