xisto Community
innosia

Joomla Business Is Growing

currently, Joomla is widely used by many companies. Range from local government site to huge corporates also. Though some might think that joomla is not very suitable for large companies but prove is, many local big companies uses joomla in their sites. Easy to customize and easy to use, is joomla really that realiable and not hackable? Is joomla that powerful? I don't really knowBut joomla has moved PHP code to another step in future. PHP with ajax and more features from joomla (components and modules) make this free cms world wide and become very interested for many php developers.

Joomla is a Content Managment System (CMS) that is designed to assist Web masters to build a dynamic web site without knowing how to write scripts.Google joomla for the full picture.

yes as jlhaslip said,
Joomla CMS is very good since it can handles many features. And more ly it supports components where anyone can build components to plug inside joomla and will have new features. Because of this flexibility, joomla is growing very fast and very good. And it also free.

But some components are not free and is licensed. for example of joomla site see their demo at https://demo.joomla.org/1.5/
some characteristic of joomla site is to have 'option=com_content&id...&Itemid=' in the url but it can be configured to not showing that
so if you see a site like /index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=30&Itemid=210 then it must be build with joomla

Joomla is so great since it has many features, and its idea is innovative! And people does not know code can know build a good looking website and can be customized a lot

lol joomla is like site building for retards its mad good tho to bad im sooo stupid i dont no how to edit anything LOLanyway i agree its easier and cheaper so i guess alot of businesses see it as a smarter alternative to paying someone to code or design a complicated site that is hard to edit and requires tons of ftp uploading and downloading.

Joomla is a great CMS. It was basically a spin off of Mambo. I have used both in the past and will probably use them in the future because 1. They're easy to use and 2. They are powerful and get the job done. Also it's free so it's the whole deal. For those of you that have never tried Joomla I recomend you at least try in on the next website you make.

I like the backend and frontend design. They looks good. And one thing attact me is the modules for the onlineshpping cart, like payment module, shipping modules ... As said about all it is free and it is keep adding new features. Recommend for shopping cart. It is nice than Oscommerce in my eye. I got tired with using ftp and modify the script to get those necessary module done.

Personally I think too many people are relyingon Joomla because of it's paint by numbers aspect.If they would just stop to think,they wouldn't need Joomla,and they're over all understanding of what is happening onthey're website would increase. They would actually learn something rather thansomething like Joomla strangeling them.They rely on Joomla ,then they will become dependant on it,and are stuck with it,and one more *BLEEP*application becomes all powerfull.The fundamentals of web site building are the most important things,and understanding these things is important. As it is,Coders and such who have no use for Joomla,have to learn it. One more waste of time.I suspect at heart,Joomla is just another waste of space for the lazy.The whole idea of something like a css website was thatjust one page would have to be updated to updatean entire site.A great fundamental idea.Joomla just defeats that.I mean,if you are installing a forum.why not read up a bit onmysql?Then when there is a problem,you have a bit of an understanding of what is going on.Even the name Joomla sounds stupid.

I just love joomla. It has allowed me to do things that I otherwise would never have gotten to do. It may be to easy for you lofty scriptwriters. But not all of us have what it takes to build from the ground up. As a matter of fact joomla has encouraged me to start learning a little php and html. Right now I don't have a couple of years to wright a cms so I'll just have to go with the next best thing. Thanks to everyone who is contributing to open source.

I've seen Joomla being installed and I have also seen people managing it, and I have to admit, I didn't liked it that much. It's way to easy to handle and that's not the way a website is supposed to be done and updating. People want to earn money or promote their products well by not even working a bit harder on their sites. Web design is supposed to be difficult, and that's kinda good because if you want to do something, you better be good in it. I agree with networker, saying that people would rather learn something on their own, because I want to do something fully by myself, and that's when I fell satisfied with myself and the work I have done. Joomla is lke stealing someone else's design, because it is open source. According to me, do it the hard way and you will do it right.

You know what cracks me up?You allready have Joomla with cpanel.Everything is allready there for you to be organizedin a much more intrinsic,natural way than Joomla. All it takes is a little bit of thought by people.Not much.These people who use Joomla really,are destroying any opportunity for coders.They are adding one more basically unnescessary step.There should be a governing body on the internet to addsome sanity and rationale.Wishfull thinking.Using Joomla is like walking with a cane when you don't need one.When I was in College they told me learn coding and digitalelectronics and you'll be set for life.I've made peanuts.Thankfully, theres other things I could and will be doing.

currently, Joomla is widely used by many companies. Range from local government site to huge corporates also. Though some might think that joomla is not very suitable for large companies but prove is, many local big companies uses joomla in their sites. Easy to customize and easy to use, is joomla really that realiable and not hackable? Is joomla that powerful? I don't really know
But joomla has moved PHP code to another step in future. PHP with ajax and more features from joomla (components and modules) make this free cms world wide and become very interested for many php developers.

Joomla is just the thing man! I have used so many softwares but joomla rocks!

I changed to Dolphin because i wanted something dedicated to community stuff but it doesn't even compare to Joomla!
What amazes me the most is the way you get to install the componentes, etc.

It is so flexible and the community is very active!

About improving PHP code they have done an amazing job. In my opinion it is the best open source cms out there!

From the sounds of it Joomla is a piece of piss, which is interesting considering a job description I found goes thusly "You will have proven ability to plan, deploy and support Joomla based networks." with 1-2 years experience. By the sounds of it half a brain and 10 minutes experience should be enough?...<br>

I see no reason to get upset. In the end human beings do whatever requires the least work, whatever is easier. No much thinking and no much learning is easier, and also in today's corporate world you sometimes need really fast solutions. I started to build my sites directly coding HTML with a notepad and later moved on to FrontPage because it's easier to use and it's "visual" (WYSIWYG... nearly), but I agree about learning: there are sometimes things in FP that look weird and I have to modify the code directly.I also learned some ASP because I needed to and I started with a form that was already made and started to modify it. I say if you've got the time and the interest to learn, go ahead. Today it's much much easier than some years ago when there was no internet access for mortals like us. :P Now, If you're in a hurry or have other interests, go get help like Joomla's.And I know coders may feel frustrated about other people doing easily what they learned so hard, but such is life. I've got a degree in BA and everybody thinks he's a great administrator without spending 4 yrs. at college :D But then we have to show them just how effective we are and that we can get further than them because we know the basics and are specialized. Be cool!

i don?t love joomla but i think it?s okay, when i was more interested in it i tried writing my own component, together with the administration interface (but didnt finish it:P), and that was the first time i saw a Model View Controller, and i thought it was awesome. what i?m trying to say is that if your a coder, joomla might be an entry point for you to sell your code, there are some components in joomla which are not free.