xisto Community
mm22

Panasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files troubles managing (renaming, moving, deleting) movie files from the ca

helloi know im bumping an old post but here is the solution that worked for me:uninstall quicktimeeven if its not running - some registry file of it hangs onto mov files and messes them abouti couldnt move .mov files or upload them to youtubebut everything was sorted once i uninstalled it - i dont even know why it was on my computer in the first placehope that helps someone

I know it has been a long time since I last posted to this thread, but since that post, I have been using my Panasonic Lumix camera even for low-light photography. The trick is to manually set the exposure, something that not many people would be familiar with. The simple (heart) mode does not let you set the exposure for the picture so you have to switch to one of the other modes. Intelligent ISO or the normal camera mode should let you set the exposure.I once used my Panasonic Lumix camera for shooting video and it did give me a corrupted QuickTime .mov file. I tried all of the players I have to get the video to play completely, but it always stops midway. That was the only time I ever got the corrupted video file with my Panasonic Lumix - the problem never existed in the past and never appeared again. Perhaps mysterious forces were at work when I took the video, something along the lines of UFO sightings, werewolves, and goblins, or maybe even the common everyday variety of gremlins that affect electronic equipment.@rhizzlaI had QuickTime installed on my computer and I never had an issue with it. QuickTime plays videos files and is often used on browsers as plugins to play embedded video content. QuickTime either installed itself onto computer as a part of a multimedia software or you may have installed it as a part of a software bundle from Apple or some other software vendor that included QuickTime in their software. In either case, QuickTime should not be preventing you from moving or uploading the video files that you have on your computer unless you have them open in the QuickTime player/converter.

So I am not having a problem playing the moive clip on my PC. I installed Splash lite for free and it plays the HD clip great. I am having a problem importing the file to a moive maker program honestech. It will not import even when I try other programs to open with. Does anyone have any pointers in these problem.

Jessica,You have to use a video format conversion program. I would recommend using the Xilisoft video converter. It is quite reasonably priced and is easy to use. For video conversion, you would want to have a computer system with a really good processor because the rendering can take a long long time. Each second of video contains several frames and they are 'compressed' such that within each frame, repetitions and minor differences between pixel groups are encoded to occupy very less space on your hard disk drive, flash drive, compact disc, or DVD. Apart from compression within a frame, compression also occurs between frames to save only the differences that occur between two frames to the file. These help reduce file size considerably so irrespective of whether you are downloading a video file from the Internet, watching it online on YouTube, or playing it from a BluRay disc drive, very little data is transferred for considerably large amounts of color and pixel data. Now, this compression, albeit a good thing takes immense amounts of computation when you consider the number of pixels on a screen. A video that plays at 640x480 resolution has over three hundred thousand pixels to store color information for and each pixel has its three colour components for red, green, and blue. When you take it on a per-frame basis, video conversion involves obtaining the red, green, and blue color values for each of the pixels of the video and re-encoding the data to another video file compression format. If you are encoding BluRay video, which is usually of a very high resolution compared to video CDs from back in the day, you are processing more data than you can write down in a notebook in the form of binary represented with octal digits (or maybe even hexadecimal digits?).

I have a Panasonic Lumix DCS-ZS7 and I am having s strange issue playing back a JPEG video file.Using the program PHOTOfunSTUDIO I transfered a saved video from a previous SD card taken with camera. It is a .mov file and plays perfectly video and audio when played from within the program, no issues. When I transfer the video to the camera with a new SD card using this program the video plays perfect, but no audio.The file structure on the camera appears to be fine. I can not figure out why the camera does not play the audio.Can anyone help me with this?

i took some short video clips with my Panasonic Lumix CMC-ZS3. I was able to save the files onto my Mac, they appear in mov format. When I want to play them, QuickTime Player opens the file to play, but the video plays in double speed. I used software to convert mov to mp4, hoping it would fix the problem, or that I could at least adjust the speed, but no luck.Does anyone know why the video's are playing in double speed? and how can I fix itthanks

i took some short video clips with my Panasonic Lumix CMC-ZS3. I was able to save the files onto my Mac, they appear in mov format. When I want to play them, QuickTime Player opens the file to play, but the video plays in double speed. I used software to convert mov to mp4, hoping it would fix the problem, or that I could at least adjust the speed, but no luck.Does anyone know why the video's are playing in double speed? and how can I fix itthanks