xisto Community
Ajant

A Problem With Ftp Clients I cant connect

I keep getting the message: "The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for", after following tutorial instructions for Core FTP. If I try FileZilla, I never get automatically configured option in my sites section after following the istruction

Resolved

Edited by Ajant (see edit history)

Looks to me like the password is not correct. I believe the account FTP password is the same as the Cpanel password.

thanx but I fixed that problem. I have a new one. I have an application I created in Java programing language (using Struts framework). I uploaded it into my public_html folder, but where do i go from there? Are there any additional settings I have to set in order to be able to open jsp pages used in my application?

I'm not certain that jsp is available on a default account.Might want to PM to Buffalohelp or Opaque on that one.

I see that the topic starter edited RESOLVED in the first topic. Am I correct to assume that I do not need to reply to this topic?If the topic starter can post how to resolve the issue that would be appreciate :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but I resolved my problem with ftp client. My question about Java still remains. I saw somewhere that Trap supports Java server pages and that's the reason why I registered, so I assume this shouldn't be a problem, but with Java applications pages have to be kept in the certain folders in order for the application to work. When I try to open the JSP, browser doesn't display anything (no 404 page, which is good), but it seems to be loading something and never finishes doing it(which is bad). Any help would be appreciated

I'm not certain that jsp is available on a default account.Might want to PM to Buffalohelp or Opaque on that one.

JSP is not enabled nor offered as a default in Xisto free web hosting.To petition JSP support for your webhosting, please visit Xisto - Support{dot}com, register and submit an email support to Xisto.When a tech sees that the reason behind your request is worthy (deemed fit by OpaQue) your account could be equipped with JSP.

STEAM validation rejected

A Problem With Ftp Clients

I got "the orange box" pack and installed team fortress 2.When I want to search for online servers they said I need steam beta software installed, however installed it and created an account as well. Game has servers but when tries to join them, displays "STEAM validation rejected". What should I do? most of people installed TF2 has the prob. Reinstalled steam and TF2 as well.

-question by EdeM