xisto Community
pums

Does Online Dating Work?

I think it works if you are really lucky to find a person that is serious like you and it's looking forward to meet someone to hopefully start a relationship, it's an alternative if you really don't have a lot of time to meet different people the old fashioned way :P... I haven't try it, but I did find someone a looong time ago when chat rooms where nice and clean hahaha, and I met this guy, we started talking on the phone and by messenger and then we met, we became good friends and after a couple years we finally started dating it lasted for a while but at the end it didn't work out, and he is one of my best friends now... But things have change, when I first met him the internet was totally different, I don't think I'll do the same now, I'll be scared to do the same thing I did back then... I tried the same thing a couple of times after that and OMG it was horrible just by listen to the voice on the phone I could tell what kind of person was, so I got over that. Other thing I realized after all the relationship with that guy is that a lot of internet dating pages offer matching by compatibility, they make a test and they put you with people that is similar to you, I don't think that works that easy, with this guy we like the exact same things, we have the same character, it's like we're twins separated at the time we were born hahaha, than even now we amazed of how similar we are, but is a similar that turns into boring with the time, so it just really hard without knowing a person to say that this is your perfect match just based on that...

Online dating does work. I met my current girlfriend on MySpace. She messaged me a couple of times until I finally replied. We started talking online and soon were having daily conversations. We then decided to meet in person. After that first night we started seeing each other on an almost nightly basis and I soon feel in love with her. This is the best relationship that I have ever been in and it only seems to be getting better. I have never been more in love with anyone in my life and it is all thanks to online dating.Now I have also had some bad experiences with the whole online dating thing. I have met a few girls who turned out to be complete crazies. It is really just like going to the bar and picking up a girl. The odds are about the same.

My parents met over eharmony and have been together for 9 years. But it is dangerous if you are not careful. And try to find someone out in the real world... Go to places and just meet people. Or look even closer to your heart. Your friends make the best partners. Odd, but true. One day you may discover you like them out of nowhere. Sometimes they end badly, but what is the value of love when there is no risk? Do not be afraid and just get yourself out there. My current boyfriend of 4 months was my friend. Also do not let bad first impressions get in the way of a friendship. I thought my partner was a complete jerk when I first met him... but I gave him a chance and became his friend. Now we are in a happy relationship. So you never know what you may find out there...

Free Dating and find friendsDoes Online Dating Work?

In my experience there are lots of scam websites that provide free dating and say you can find friends! beware.

When creating a profile on a free dating sites you have to be veryCareful. You're aren't joining for nothing right? You're joining theDating site in order to find someone special and these days thatSpecial someone you may be looking for is usually as serious as you areAnd most likely going to be picky. The reason is because at a freeOnline dating site you don't have to pay for anything which means youCan take as much time as you like searching through the dating siteMembers. If you don't like this person's dating site profile just moveOn to the next. If you don't like that person's free online datingProfile, again, move on to the other. Eventually the member will findSomeone they are interested in and usually that person has a fantasticFree dating site profile.

Few of good free dataing sites I found are

https://myspace.com/browser

/?_fb_noscript=1

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Good luck and happy dating Posted Image

-reply by Sokka

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

It`s like asking does dating work? It works, if you make it work. The chances to make it work are a lot better than with the usual real world dating. ;)

does online dating work? yes and i'm living proof that it works, I met my partner over 10 years ago online. we are still together, and online was the only way that I would have met him. He was not Out and online was the only place that he could comfortably talk to other gay guys.So yes it definately works and not just for Gays. one of my best friends got married to her husband that she met online. they've been together for 4 years now. there are loads more stories out there like ours. However you do need to be careful and make sure you take precautions before meeting someone. just a little common sense helps in most cases.As for those of you in this thread that have said its silly or wouldn't but have not tried it, you need to remember that every person in the world needs different things and just because your ideal way of meeting someone is not online, doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else. I don't get why people have to be down and anti something when they haven't even tried it? if you haven't tried it then really you have no opinion on the subject so stop putting your negative issues onto other people. I get that your intitled to your opinion but stop trying to inforce your ideal's on to everyone else its just not fair, especially when you have very little idea what you are talking about.I'm sure you've heard the saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all, maybe its time some of you negative people remembered that.

Glad to see you back posting again Indego_Media. Didn't see you around for awhile and was afraid we'd lost ya! I'm glad the internet dating thing worked out for you. My take on this subject is while I think it is better off meeting someone in person and getting aquainted that way, the internet would be a good way to meet people you might otherwise never run into in your normal circle of friends and daily routine. Internet dating certainly has it dangers, but then again so does meeting strange guys in bars! You just never know what kind of trouble your going to get yourself into.

Glad to see you back posting again Indego_Media. Didn't see you around for awhile and was afraid we'd lost ya! I'm glad the internet dating thing worked out for you.

Hey Sheepdog, yes i'm still here just got busy for a bit there.

I agree it can be dangerous but so can crossing the street or driving your car to a cafe' so either way its all about ballance, trust, faith and belief in human nature being better then people give it credit for.

Cheers
Jase

I agree it can be dangerous but so can crossing the street or driving your car

I could't agree with you more. Nothing is really safe, if you hide in bed an airplane is likely to fall out of the sky and land on your pea picking silly little head. I do unsafe things all the time. Traveling, and meeting people by myself, well, ok, I do have my dog with me sometimes. I'm just not sure about the having faith in human nature part. I think I put more faith in my own ability to sense trouble, and my aim. :D

I think I put more faith in my own ability to sense trouble, and my aim. :D

I agree that you need to be self aware and ensure that you don't put yourself into a situation that may result in a bad event occuring, However the actual idea of Online Dating being more dangerous then actually goiong to a bar drinking alchol and maybe meeting someone else who has been at the bar also drinking and taking god knows what, then depending on your promiscuity level, going home with that person is far more dangerous wouldn't you say.

In fact if you wanted to pust the envelop to the edge of this discussion, the actual action of breathing in certian circumstances can be just as lethal.... :)

At the end of the day i think if Online Dating allows you the time and convienence to meet someone special, develope a relationship with them and assit in you finding happiness then i'm all for it, but then again i'm also for going out and having a good time with a group of friends and maybe just maybe meeting the man of your dreams while stading in the cue to buy the next rounds of drinks......

I think we all want a bit of romance and companionship in our lives and it really shouldn't matter if that is facilitated in a noisy night club, your local tavern or online with your favorite MP3's playing in the back ground while ur wearing your PJ's.......

its all about perspective and if your not hurting anyone and your not allowing anyone to hurt you then its fine by me.....

J

Such a shame how the original poster didnt really intend to get a real answer but was posting spam and yet this is such a rich realistic topic. If you over look the silly advert for the dating site that in included. In my opinion i believe everythign is a matter of choice and acceptance. The fact that internet dating has been around for nearly 3 decades tells you it must be working somewhere. Maybe for 5% of the population but guranteed it is working for some. Everythign obviously boils down to a matter of taste and inhibition meaning if you are in a situation where your best means of finding girls or boys is only and you are willing to take the chance of being messed about with touched up pictures from ones youthful days then Internet dating is a great way of meeting people. I think the problems that arrise from internet dating are mainly from added unecceasry pressure to find love, Most websites that are directly and strictly dating sites automatically have a subliminal pressure advert that is embedded into punters mind. You are competing for men on here or you are competting for girls on here so look your best, be dolled up and sexy otherwise you have no hope. the emphasis is ion being a good loking catch because the more beautiful and sexy you are will ensure that you have more inbox replies from potential lovers. What then happens if I am a shrek. Does that mean no one will ever gimme the time of day or the chance to let my greta personality shine as they will judge me based on great looks which I do not have. Also will be the added stigma of the handsome guys being stuck up and knowing how great they look that they use their looks as a one night stand advert. Basically meaning that the good looking guys may just be guys who know that girls like them for their looks and great bodies and would be using this as a tool for getting girls into bed and moving on as soon as possible. After 5 such guys most girls would turn around and say I have tried internet dating but oh my gawd the guys there are just players who are interested in getting their rocks off using their good looks. I find that instead of looking at dating sites people should look into social networking sites that are more based on friendship rather than attraction. For not wanting to advertise a certain popular social network i will refer to this network as friendface. On frinedfce you can add frined and start an online friendship and get to know more of the real each other as peole tend to put up more natural pictures and have statuses that reflect more of their daily mentality than an impressive trimmed introduction which is a morketing tool to help net as many potential boyfriend or girlfriends. There are multiple ways of getting intouch and becoming good friends. This offers the other person the chance to let their real personality shine and let feeling develop naturally if they do. Once you have gotten to know each other and you feel comfortable with each other you can begin to share more intimate details like phone numbers and start textign and ringing each other. There i minimal preszsure to be impressive form just pictures as you get to know each other for who the other person is. This helps you to rdeduce the number of faileed relationships as by the time you all meet up and start dating or seeing each other you are more or less aware of the other persons personality. THis does not in anyway imply that there is no snipers on friendface as this is totally misleading. There are people on friend face whose main goal is to score sex with men or women and they will play their cards right until they get what they set out to get. I have friends who use friendface as a getting girls platform and they say its so much better because you meet up with girls from towns afara and there is little or no chance of meeting them in the local night club on a night out if the sex was rubbish and all that. they put on a whole personas just to impress girls online and the girls fall for their charm and give in to their wishes sooner or later. As with any service include real life dating there will always be those who play the system and fiddle the wires to be perfect for their goals whether these goals are noble or not.In my own words I would say Internet dating does work but there is always a chance that you maybe the unlucky in love person so i would advice caution in any form of dating. Remeber better safe than sorry. Hope this helps and to the idiot who posted this topic as spam, you are an idiot and stupid fool. It is very unprofessional of you. I think you should be banned from this site for breaking the rules as its people like you who mess up our beloved Xisto. The only redemption is that the topic has actually picked up a lot of interest and responses so that sort of negates my anger towards you and I will leet you get off this time. Though had this been a dismal failure i would have had no problem recommending you get banned. Enjoy your lucky streak.

I definitely think that online dating works. There are many
chat sites where you can meet thousands of other interesting singles. Online dating is the best option to start with if you are a busy. You can have nice conversations at the comfort of your computer.