xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Drew Axehandle

Sony Is A Rip Off

I've had my PS2 for... Probably four or five years. It has yet to break, and I got it used. I've heard a lot of fail stories about how cheaply made some of them are however. My friend bought his PS2 brand new and it broke in a week, so he sent it off to Sony. They sent it back, claiming it was fixed, but it was still broken. He gave up on it. I don't own a single other Sony product; no phones, TVs, Laptops, nothing; so I can't really say anything about the quality of those things. I have heard of people dropping their PS2 from ridiculously short heights just for it to break, which is pretty sad, considering that I've dropped several of my game systems and seen people drop theirs from heights of four feet or more, yet they survived.

I have had the playstation and playstation 2 for a while, and never had any problems with them. granted they have been in the closet for nearly 2 years now since the release of the xbox 360 (I've since become a Halo player). Working the rRturn Desk at Sam's Club yeilds the same results, in a year i've had 1 PS 3 returned. --On a side note I've also only had 1 360 returned, and my family owns 3 ourselves, each of ours broke down to the ring but microsoft's service(for its console anyways) rox!The other two things I wanna point out are that working at Sam's Club I'm constantly getting Bravia's returned for picture, sound etc. The only TV brand that i see returned more often than the Sony Bravia is the Vizio. I think it's worth noting that Sony used to help Visio 'til Visio decided it could stand on its own to feet...So while I'm convinced Sony TV's are a rip off, I have to admit they have a solid game console dynasty

Sony yeah a big ripoff, i have psp and it kind of sucks because everything is so expensive for it, a little game that i finish in 3 hours costs 25$. Another stupid thing is that psp supports only some resolutions for video playback if my movie dons not have the exact resolutions supported it does not play. Also i don't think it has the SDK for it for free so u can't find any open source free apps for it.

Me and my sister have owned heaps of Sony products (PlayStation 1 x1, PlayStation 2 x2, Playstation 3 x2, PlayStation Portable x4, Sony Ericsson x5, Sony Bravia x2, Sony CyberShot x4, Sony Vaio x2), and we have only ever had a slight problem with the PlayStation 2, the disc drive kept jamming. We simply took it to the place we bought it and they gave us a new one. Later on, our little sister spilt milk all over it and we had to call Sony Support. They were very friendly and told us to send it to their official repair office, and it was fine after that, they even paid for postage and handling.So I disagree, Sony is a very good company and their products are great.

My experience with PSX and PS2 have been great, on both of them. I got a PSX a few months after launch, and it still works flawlessly. I've never had even a small issue with it. Even the memory card and controller still work fine.As for my PS2, I never had issues with that either...After having it a few years, no DRE's like most people were having(with blue bottom discs) or anything.You probably just got yours out of bad batches. Consider that all electronics have the chance of breaking down, some sooner than others. You could buy 3 of something and one be DOA(Dead on Arrival - already broken), one die after a month, and another last 15 years.It's all kind of random.And if you only had the PS2's for 2 months, they should still be under warrantee, in which case Sony would fix them for you, :P.