xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

What Are Office Injuries

Have you ever wondered why you feel so tired and aching when you get home from your office? This is actually a rather common phenomenon. Shoulder aches, back aches and even neck aches are very common among office workers. It may not mean that you have a serious ailment. However, as with most pains in our body, consulting the doctor would be a wise choice if the pain is very intense or persistent. Sitting with the wrong postures, or too long at your desk or computer can result in injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, a condition where the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to pain in the forearm and hand, neck strain, lower back pain and leg pain.Certain types of neck pain are linked to muscle strains or a more serious condition such as spinal disc herniation or cervical stenosis. Muscle strains or sprain in the neck are caused by sudden force to the neck such as when you are jerked during a car accident or when you have been sleeping in a wrong position during the night. You could also be sitting too stiffly at your desk with your neck at an uncomfortable angle for a very long time.Sitting too long at the desk can also give you lower back pain - muscle strains and lumbar sprains. A muscle strain in this area can occur when the muscle fibers are abnormally stretched or torn. The lumbar sprain on the other hand occurs when the ligaments are torn from the attachments.Staying physically fit, strong and flexible can help improve your blood circulation and thus avoid such injuries at work. Non-accidental injuries can usually be healed within a short time by applying ice packs or heat packs, ointments and cream that offer muscle relief, medications or physical therapy.

yes i have heard of this but it's kinda stupid. like for using your keyboard youll get cramps and such but you can also have those injuries if your reading a book for two long!! they must just called it work injuries and it's more briad

I also hate how tired you feel after a long car ride. It seems as if you should feel energized and ready to go after sitting for so long...but unfortunately that is hardly ever the case. If I know I'm going to be seated for a long period of time, I like to get out for a run beforehand. I find that I end up feeling less sore and tired at the end of the day this way, and if I wait to do the run at the end, I may not feel like it!

Last year i suffer shoulder pain after my tight deadline project and some long gaming session during weekends. Blood circulation isnt smooth at all and each time i do stretching, i can feel the blood rush around and skin surface is warm. I recovered from it early this year. Signed up for gym, changed my seating.So the conclusion is, at work, if your seating is bad or isnt comfortable for you, change it ASAP, any delay will bring more damage to yourself .. internally. :)

Sitting or standing in one position for any great length of time is always tough to do, wether it's in an office cubicle or an assembly line, or a car. Car rides have always tired me out, it does seem weird that after doing nothing but sitting there all day you can be so tired. I did see something neat on TV the other day, that would be a big help for office workers at any rate, they have invented a tread mill where you can walk and view your computer, type and do all the things you would normally do sitting at your desk. They should get smart and put hydrolic lifts on office desks, so you could raise your desk part of the time and stand and work. But in the meantime, there are a lot of little exercises that you can do sitting down. Simply stretching your legs out straight in front of you and turning your feet in circles will help a lot and keep that circulation going in your legs.

It's kind of ironic though.I mean people complainingabout 'office injuries'.I mean, I thought the reason it was called workin the first place was because one had to put effort in and thensuffer a few aches and pains.I mean the expression 'no pain,no gain'really does mean something, People can get slight 'injuries' flying a kite or drinkinga cup of tea.I think we've all gotten too soft really.Myself included,complaining about the slightest aches and pains.