xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kurisu

Free Games Like Wow?

Why not give Lord of the Rings Online a try? Take a look at the official web site and the Wikipedia page. While I did not try it, it sure looks like the next best thing after Guild Wars - okay, and World of Warcraft, too. However, it is not completely free, it just has a recently added "free to play" option. Of course, if you do like it, you always run the risk of having to pay afterwards, so it is really your choice whether to give it a shot or not.

Or, you could just wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out and save some money until then :)

I am on a quest to check out other games as well. I have never played WOW, but I hear Allods is much like it. You can always checkout mmohut i think its called. or you can google free mmorpg's, and you will find several sites with lists and reviews. Currently I am playing Dungeons and Dragons (Ebberon or Eberron) and its pretty cool, better than lord of the rings, same company that makes it though.

Seems to be a question gamers leaving WoW tend to ask themselves immediately after leaving, fortunately there are a plethora of good alternatives to WoW, and I'll list a few here to help you decide on a good alternative.

My first suggestions would be Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Lord of the Rings Online; I choose these as the best suggestions because while many of the other F2P (free to play) MMO's were designed from the ground up as "cash shop" games, these two were first designed as subscription based and therefore tend to have a more polished and fluid experience than their counterparts. Which makes the game seem more "WoW-like" since Warcraft is arguably the most polished MMO ever.

DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online):
DDO offers very fun and engaging combat with a complex and balanced class system. The combat is purely action based, akin to the likes of Conan online. The class and skills systems are directly derived from the pen and paper game, and prove to be very fun and potentially complex.

LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online)
Lord of the Rings Online may in fact be the closest game to WoW out there, a fully polished game that has both exciting PvE and PvP (or PvM). Great graphics and a rich history of lore, you'll find all the exciting locations from the books and movie in this game, and for that alone its worth a romp in my opinion.

Here are some other suggestions for purely F2P mmo's that are polished enough to warrant mention:

Forsaken World:
Created by the developers of Perfect World, Forsaken world attempts to be more "western" friendly with its darker tones, the graphics are improved and the combat more fluid. A very solid entry in the F2P Market

Runes of Magic:
Without a doubt the most "WoW-like" of any F2P game... actually include P2P games also, as this game is nearly a wow clone.

NOT RUNESCAPE (I HATE THAT GAME)
I am addicted to World of Warcraft, and its using up all my money I don't want to pay all that money a month because I am just a student. I was wondering if there was any cheaper or free alternatives to World of Warcraft? I heard guildwars was pretty good, but I think thats around the same price?

4Story is pretty similar, more chinese..japanese looking but its same concept (2 Factions, 3 or 4 races for each (I think) 5 classes level cap of 90 instances partys raids PvP and more look into it if you think it would be right for you (VERY small download compared to the amssive 20+Gigs for WoW lol)

During my time reading this entire log, I've noticed one game that isn't stated, and in my opinion, Better, than world of warcraft in two ways. One, Graphics, story lines, classes. Two, You don't get killed everytime you spawn.. The game I'm talking about is Allods. (:

Here try Eden eternal by aeria games. It's multiple class so you can be any class in the game.it has a lot of players, is free and has very good graphics. It's like a cartoonish WoW. It has dungeons, guilds, territory wars and more. And when I play the game and am in a dungeon with my guild it. Kinda feals like wow because you need tanks, clerics, and dps'ers.

Sword 2 is a good one. I think it is recently new. Or Allods online which has some really sick graphics. You can try freelikegames.comtoo. They have 5 games like World of Warcraft that are apparently free to play online.

P.S. Runescape is not that bad haha

I am addicted to World of Warcraft, and its using up all my money I don't want to pay all that money a month because I am just a student. I was wondering if there was any cheaper or free alternatives to World of Warcraft? I heard guildwars was pretty good, but I think thats around the same price?

You're right, Guild Wars is good (great in fact!) - but no, it's not the same price! You just buy the game outright, and there is no monthly subscription. It means you don't get patches/updated content as frequently as you do with WoW, you only get new content whenever a new expansion comes out, but it's a great game. I love it. Prefer it to WoW, I just got bored of it because it's been quite a long time since the last expansion as they have been working on Guild Wars 2.

There isn't much point buying it right now though, unless you have the time to get the original game + all the expansions and play them all the way through within the next 6 months or so, but it would be pretty rushed if you did that! Guild Wars 2 is entering closed Beta any time now (if it hasn't already), and I don't think the game itself will be too far behind (it was originally predicted to be out this Autumn/Winter but it's taking longer than expected) - I'd stick it out with WoW a few more months til GW2 comes out and then play that :-)

Alganon is very much like WOW. Although it is not cartoony like WOW.It is free to play up to level 30 , then a one off fee to play to max level 50 .The player base is VERY low at the moment.All aspects of the gameplay are the same as WOWwith only 4 toons to choose from at the moment , Mystic , Warrior ,Magus and Ranger.There is new content planned for the new year , so i hear!The client download can be found at MYALGANON.COM .I have tried this game and found it fun !

"Perfect World" is free and much like wow, "lord oF the rings" has a limited free use..

Try the World of Warcraft PTR it's free to play and its by blizzard so its completely safe and you can copy your live characters to the Public Test Realms and it's much much quieter then on live

Well you could try Wizard101 it costs money to upgrade for most of the area's but it is a goodgame
And you could try AQW=Adventure Quests Worlds, AQ= Adventure Quest and there are more so here they are
Minecraft, Dragon Fable Terraria only costs $10 to buy um there is..... Mechquest, The new and improved Runescape (I dont care if you hate it but you might hate the old versions the new one is better)
There is also Club peunguin i DO NOT KNOW How to spell it
And try others like Shadowtale Evony Epicduel Herosmash and if you hate that
or any others
Try searching for MMORPG games or just MMO for a better reliable search and try to download Shaiya_us_install_20110225,exe,part i hope
it leads to a link if you not happy with anyone of these then i hav 1 thing to say...........You never gonna be satasfied are you? lol i just kiddi9ng try typing in MMO games your welcome