xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eman

Stupid Credit System

Why does this site has a stupid credit system that you only get 0.7 credit a word or is it even less. WTF is this.

0.7 credits a word sounds pretty generous to me. Your post alone would be enough to get you Package 1 and another post like it, Package 2. :)

Anyway, to be more helpful, writing short tutorials will get you more credits than making short replies to posts. Including images in those tutorials will also help you increase your credits.

Wow well nobody is forcing you to be here, I would rather make posts than pay for a site. I think this is a great place, It does'nt take much to make a few posts and some of the topics are fun. Plus when you pay for a site you dont get half of what you get here. I have paid for a few sites like stormloader for instance is pretty cheap but compared to everything you get here at trap 17 there is no comparision. I will never pay for a site again.

You can get free hosting without needing to post if you put ads on your site.I agree with krazygoddess though...if you don't want to post, there are other alternatives. You can pay, but like she says, you get a lot here and it's free, if you just post to forums a few times.

Wow well nobody is forcing you to be here, I would rather make posts than pay for a site. I think this is a great place, It does'nt take much to make a few posts and some of the topics are fun. Plus when you pay for a site you dont get half of what you get here. I have paid for a few sites like stormloader for instance is pretty cheap but compared to everything you get here at trap 17 there is no comparision. I will never pay for a site again.

Yea, I aggre with opinion but only if they could increase the amount to 0.10 instead of 0.07

hmm, I dont mind it at all the way it is, It's really not that hard to come here a couple times a week and post. There are topics for everyone and if you dont find something you like you can start your own. Like i had said earlier I think this is a great place and I will never again pay to host a site. I have gotten in the negative before, Had alot going on in life but I came right back and have stayed above. It only takes a few minutes a couple times a week to keep yourself to the plus. I just come in go to view new posts and find something I like and thats it. Give it a chance instead of just complaining or if you have the money to spare you can go pay for a site and not have to make any posts!

Why does this site has a stupid credit system that you only get 0.7 credit a word or is it even less. WTF is this.

Hey u seem to be very demanding .....I think the credit system here is quite good.....

I m a new user like u ....and I have joined this site because this is the only place I found
that gives u free hosting without any ads on your site .....and I m serious because I have been searching for a site like this for quite a long time....and in my opinion there is no better option... .....I m a learner ..so I don't have ...
that much of capital ..to go for a paid host....if u have ...u can go for it....

Is it true that you get 0.7 credits per word? I have no idea. The more credits you have the less you get, so I suppose it is different from member to member. Sounds nice, and pretty generous actually. I do not get what people are complaining so much about. Sure I find it a bit boring from time to time when I do not find any topics that I like, or boring of posting pretty much the same things over and over. I do not even have to be here - I do not use my hosting really. (I have promised myself that I will do something about that before the summer is over, so we will see!)

Just like others have said above there are other options if you do not want to post. You can pay, have ads on your site, or use some other free host that stuff your page with things you do not want to have there. I think this is great for people like us. Some of us actually enjoy posting here, and enjoy to debate and talk to other people around the world.

The credit system helps us keep the forum alive, and it prevents us from overusing the hosting. (How should I explain it?) If it was completely "free" (=we would not need to do anything to get it.) then a lot of people would sign up and suddenly it would be to many people here. The posting is kind of like work; it is what we have to do to get the hosting - and to keep it.

Extra: I got 1,68 credits from this post. I wrote 267 words: 1,68/267=0,006292 ...and lot of numbers. If I got 0,7 per word then I would have gotten a lot more. But still I try to not complain. :)

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

If the credit rate was like that everyone wouldn't be have to post for quite awhile or be struggling to get credits and besides that is not how the credit system works. Your credit posting rate is based on two things, the number of posts you have and what group you’re in when you’re posting as well. Like everyone else said you don't have to post as there are other ways to get hosting, but if you can't get past the posting and earning credits you will have a hard time trying to get hosting. Besides you already broke two rules already in this topic one liner spam and swearing and if you haven't got warned about that already you should and means you will have to wait even longer to get hosted.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Haha... can't complain if it's free, right?A lot of people are rather impatient and want to get credits fast, and it drives me nuts when people drop one-liners or answer OPs dating back to a few YEARS ago just to snag up credits. Fortunately enough, there's enough of a handful of people here that actually have things to contribute and consequently for others to learn from.If you want to look at it this way, you can use Xisto for free web hosting through credits as well as getting used to typing things out properly instead of the butchered version of the English language that you are used to because of cell phones and the Internet. It helps you look better on Xisto, gives you credits, and hopefully contributes something fun, educational, or worthy to read and reply to.I could go on but I don't want to be accused of just posting to earn credits, as I've been accused once before. :)

I don't see a problem with the credit system. I do think that when you get below 10, there should be an option you can turn on that you get sent a reminder saying 'your credit balance is below xx' i should suggest that. I think I will.And as for the value of each word? Can you really blame them, they're trying to keep people from a) just getting hosting and now using it, :) make short one sentence (or less) posts that get full credit ratings, and c) They want to build a quality forum, and from my experiences here, they've got one. and a great one at that.