xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

How To Create A Show Desktop Shortcut

Here is the simple bit of code that will help you to create or restore the Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows XP.

Open Notepad or any simple text editor and type the following code,

[Shell]Command=2IconFile=explorer.exe,3[Taskbar]Command=ToggleDesktop

Save the file as 'Show Desktop.scf' and make sure theat 'All Files' is selected in the File Type list.
Save this file in desktop and then drag it ove to the Quick Launch bar.

If you want to customize the icon and use your own Icon instead of using the Windows Default, put the path of the icon next to 'IconFile=' as follows,

IconFile='PATH_TO_ICON',0

This is good to know thank you. I somehow lost my show desktop icon on my other computer so this could help out. I have come to find out now though that pressing the Windows key and the D key at the same time does the same thing so no button is necessary.

well, I used to just make a shortcut to that shortcut, but, if I indeed lost that icon, this would be a great help. :)Do you know of any other shell commands you can do with that process?

desktop shortcut- show and hide desktop taskbarHow To Create A Show Desktop Shortcut

how to create desktop shortcut for "show and hide desktop taskbar"?

...And also shortcuts for safety remove of USB FlashDrives without downloading some program. Is it possible? amm I'm Using windows XP.?

The tutorial is useful for only some special cases as you do not need a desktop shortcut so often.....But i would like to appreciate your work .....DID a great job..Who knows when a useless thing becomes useful

Other applicationsHow To Create A Show Desktop Shortcut

Is therea way to get this to create a shortcut to another file? Like to open a .Txt file somewhere else.

I tried changing command to something such as "command=C:test.Txt" but that didn't work. Going to try toiling some more though, any response would be appreciated.

-reply by Aetherwalker

not useless to meHow To Create A Show Desktop ShortcutReplying to ragav.Bpl Whether this is useless or not depends on how you work with your computer. It is not useless to me at all. Desktop is one of my top five most used quick launch icons. Ever since I lost this shortcut I have had to minimize about 10 windows on average, one by one, just to see my desktop again. This shortcut takes me to the desktop in one click.Thanks to the author for posting this tutorial!-reply by e.G.

UBUNTU keyboard shortcut HIDE DESKTOP BUTTON How To Create A Show Desktop ShortcutGo to System --> Preferences --> Keyboard shortcutsIn the list you will find "Hide all windows and focus desktop"Press the Super key (windows logo) and then click on it and then press the key you want to use--that will reassign it.-reply by UBUNTU

create show desktop shortcut on windows 7How To Create A Show Desktop Shortcut

on windows 7

On a vacuum of the Desktop, click-right, to select New, then Shortened In the place of the element, to copy to stick %SystemRoot% explorer.Exe %APPDATA% MicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchShows Desktop.Lnk may click on Following to Type Desktop for the name of the shortcut and to click Finish click-right on the new icon Desktop and to select Properties In the Shortened tab, to click to Change icon In the frame to Look for icons in this file, to copy to stick %SystemRoot% system32imageres.Dll and to click on OK.

To select the icon of it Desktop and to validate by OK In the Properties, the new icon appears. To click to Apply The new shortcut Desktop is created.

Of a click-right on this shortcut , to click to Pin in the Taskbar and we can position it where you want

-reply by popoy