xisto Community
williamm

Nameserver Issue [resolved]

I'm having an issue and i don't know i'm having so much trouble with this it never does this to me, but i went from the host 000webhost.com and i set my domain name at dreamhost.com to you point to your nameservers. and for the longest time last night it was still pointing to their servers and then finally when i got up this morning its saying that domain doesnt doesnt have a nameserver. so what can i do to correct this?Hello, my name is William. I recently started hosting with you, and i was switching my domain name to point at your name servers, and i was switching from 000webhost.com when i did this last night it was still pointing to their servers. Then finally this morning when i got up it went to a yahoo search when i typed in my domain name. The domain name i'm trying to switch over to your name servers is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ could someone tell me how i can resolve this issue?

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged two postings together

After you put in ns.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com you have to wait up to 72 hours for your website to fully integrate onto the internet. S oyou have to wait patiently for your website to show up and just to make sure I check out your website by the domain you gave and I saw this flash template is that what it should show on your domain or no?

CONSOLE

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net/
for detailed information.

Domain Name: CLUBNET-HOST.COM
Registrar: NEW DREAM NETWORK, LLC
Whois Server: whois.dreamhost.com
Referral URL: https://www.dreamhost.com/
Name Server: NS1.TRAP17.COM
Name Server: NS2.TRAP17.COM
Updated Date: 19-jul-2008
Creation Date: 10-apr-2008
Expiration Date: 10-apr-2009

>>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:11:47 EDT <<<

The nameservers should be NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM and NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM, instead of the Xisto ones being used currently. If you found a page suggesting you use those nameservers, please provide us with a link so we can correct that page (it's out of date).

it can take up to 48 hours.. but should take less time than that, generally it takes a few hours, for me at least. I own 3 domain names and I change nameservers too often and they don't take longer than 4 hours, but that doesn't apply all the time. Depends on registrar and many other factors.Good luck.

Edited by erepublikve (see edit history)

Seems to be working fine for me - I get a default template with annoying automatic background music...Try refreshing the page, clearing your browser's cache and rebooting your router (if you have one). If that doesn't work then you'll just need to wait for the domain iformation to work its way around to your ISP's DNS servers.

yeah thanks its working for me now and i do agree the background music is annoying that going to be my future template but with out the sound lol. Well thanks for everyones help!!

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.