xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Praying Alone , Praying Together. Prayer life should be strong

Once there was a couple, Mickey and Herb, they both starts their day with prayer and continue praying for every thing through the day. This they have been doing for many decades. Mickey started to pray for her husband long before she got married. She said, ?I didn?t want to make a mistake. I wanted a long, happy marriage to one man a man who is near to God through his prayer life.? She also prayed early-on for two children, a boy and a girl. When that prayer was answered she got so excited that she said, ?God tickled my heart real good when He answered that prayer.?Since then, prayer was and is a way of life for her. Even today, she prays for everything, just as she did as a youngster. The couple are a good example for the necessity of prayer in a Christian?s home and life. Never was prayer a more integral part of their lives than when they passed through their most difficult times of loss and bereavement. Today they say, ?We?re still dependant upon God and prayer. He?s taken us through some tough times, and He?s never let us down." we must have our prayer life throbbing. When Jesus prayed, His disciples, whom He considered as His family, were with Him. We not only need to pray personal prayers, but also need to pray along with our family members. If our prayer life is strong, then Satan will not hinder our peaceful living.

Prayer according to me is,The only Socially Accepted .. say. "Legal" action in which a person can say something to the ocean of bliss within (as said by many books) without a single point of thought going here or there. (absolute focus, deeeep concentration, meditation)Well, if you think about it, then I would love this type of a moment because usually when I do try to pray during my daily activities there are soo many things those are running on my head.Now, comes the part where pray together. In my opinion, People must pray together for same goal i.e. God Attainment. If this is true between all the family members (considering everyone sooo spiritually inclined) then, they shall feel Christ between them :-)-Shree

I think people, whether they are religious or not, underestimate the power of prayer...and prayer is so much more powerful when it is done with others, because you're sharing the fellowship and acting towards common goals/ideas.