xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Need Recipe Spiced Apple (zuchinni) rings.

Some years ago I had this great recipe for using the big tougher zuchinni by turning them into spiced apple rings. You know, those red things they often use in restuarants for a garnish on a plate? I remember it was a long drawn out recipe, they had to soak in lime water for a long time, and one of the ingredients was cinniamon red hots, but that is all I remember. And they were really good. I can't even remember what cook book it was in. Anybody have that recipe? I sure would like to make some.

I don't have the recipe, but have you tried searching allrecipes.com (HUGE recipe site, plus the ability to search according to ingredients you want) or doing a recipe search at base.google.com? Usually when I'm looking for a certain recipe I can find it there. A search of food blogs might also provide good results.

google search results of several keywords relevant to what you're looking for is narrowed down to four pages. as i'm not familiar with the particular recipe you're looking for, narrowing your search is as much help i can give. :) check if this one can be particularly helpful to you.

I appreciate your help. I suck at search engine stuff. I did try to do some searching but came up with places to buy jewlry (rings) and all kinds of apple reciepes, but still haven't found the one I want, and the zuchinni are really stacking up around here! I did print out the recipe for the spiced apple rings, but with the difference in consistancy of the fiber of apples vrs zucchinni, I don't think it would work right. I did see some interesting variations on zucchinni bread that I am going to have to try though!

google search results of several keywords relevant to what you're looking for is narrowed down to four pages. as i'm not familiar with the particular recipe you're looking for, narrowing your search is as much help i can give. :) check if this one can be particularly helpful to you.

YIPPEE!!! You found it for me, thanks so much! I had overlooked your underlined first link when I first read your post, silly me. But sure enough when I followed it there it was! It is a long drawn out process, takes 5 days, but I have them made now, and boy are they ever good! Thanks for helping me out.

When I finished the recipe, I had about a quart of the syrup left over, so I put it in the fridge, thinking I would find some use for it. (it's mostly sugar/cinimon and red hots) and a few days later I got the brilliant idea of drying some apples, then soaking them in the syrup and then redrying them, and boy that turned out good too. Except they are a bit sticky and I may have the devil of a time digging them out of the jar. Sure taste good though.

Thanks again!