xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

Senior Picture Drama

haha okay, so my senior picture taking day is on july 15, and well im freaking out, because okay1.I don't like taking pictures2.I don't know what to wear for the "individual portraits [not the one that goes in the yearbook, we have to wear this half a dress thing for that, to look more sophisticated/casual i guess]3.I don't know what shirt to wear, so it doesnt like show when they put the 1/4 of a dress thingie haha, im scared they are going to be like TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT, or something4.How do to my hair!!! i don't know what to do with it.. if you can post some cute hairstyles ;) i have long hair, and own a curler/straighter so yea (: 5.How to pose for the camera?? i dont know if i should smile or not.. or what to do.. haha i look like an idiot when i smile6.We recently moved, so i lost my appointment paper.. im not even sure the thing is on the 15th.. or what time it is.. lalaa7.and number 7.. this really cute guy i like.. is going to be there too ;) so im freaking out anymore

1. No one ever likes taking pictures, but they must be done I guess, try not to worry about it.2. What I recommend that you pick several outfits that fit the following themes; causal, fancy, respectable, fun, natural. smart, sporty Yeah I know the fashion in California is way out there and stuff but work your wardrobe around that and you should be ok.3. Refer to number #2 and lets hope not.4. I say work the hair styles with the different outfits that might help you out, although then it would be a long photo shoot since the hair has to look perfect.5. Smile Yes, I would say depending on your surrounds you want to try to pose with them. For an example if your outside I would say lean on a tree or something like that, but most likely whoever takes the photos will help you out with that. My sister in law did that for me with my Senior photos.6. Don't you remember the name of the place I bet they have a phone number or maybe cal la friend who might have made an appointment with the same place.7. Refer to number one about the relaxing part.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

haha okay, so my senior picture taking day is on july 15, and well im freaking out, because okay

1.I don't like taking pictures

Most people get worked up over photos, but you've got no reason to. You'll all be feeling exactly the same, so just try to relax. Don't think about it too much, especially when you're actually having your picture taken. A lot of people who say they make a bad photo are trying too hard to look 'normal' in the picture - just be relaxed and say hi to the photographer (if you start talking, it takes your mind off it, and you'll hopefully smile for the photo :) ).

2.I don't know what to wear for the "individual portraits [not the one that goes in the yearbook, we have to wear this half a dress thing for that, to look more sophisticated/casual i guess]

Try to wear what you normally wear - it'll make it seem less of a big deal to you so you won't freak out. You'll also look more natural. Pick something you like wearing, that you look good in, and isn't over the top.

3.I don't know what shirt to wear, so it doesnt like show when they put the 1/4 of a dress thingie haha, im scared they are going to be like TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT, or something

They'd never ask you to take your shirt off ;) If everyone is wearing the same top bit of a dress then there isn't really a lot you can do, so don't worry about it.

4.How do to my hair!!! i don't know what to do with it.. if you can post some cute hairstyles ;) i have long hair, and own a curler/straighter so yea (:

Get your hair done, but don't do anything radically different or anything you won't be happy with.

5.How to pose for the camera?? i dont know if i should smile or not.. or what to do.. haha i look like an idiot when i smile

Don't pose. Trying to pose makes you look fake, and you start worrying about every little thing. Try to talk to the photographer and sit down normally. Most will say something to make you smile or laugh a little bit, so you get a natural smile on your face. Don't put effort into it; don't try to be precise or perfect; don't do anything special or sit differently or anything. You'll feel more at ease, and you'll look better in your photo.

6.We recently moved, so i lost my appointment paper.. im not even sure the thing is on the 15th.. or what time it is.. lalaa

Can't help you there :)

7.and number 7.. this really cute guy i like.. is going to be there too :) so im freaking out anymore

Just relax - that's all there is to it. You'll feel more confident and you'll stop worrying.

OMG SAME SITUATIONSenior Picture Drama

My senior pictures are actually tomorrow, and I HATE having them professionally taken. I always look so stupid. And I have no clue what kind of outfits to wear. All I know is I'm wearing my uniform and a formal dress, but from there I'm stuck.

-reply by Shannon