xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAlex

Do You Believe:losing Weight By Eating At Mcdonald's! A man said he lost 80 pounds on McDonalds Diet

yea, it's not so much what the guys eating... it's his caloric intake.So lets say for example he had a big mac for breakfast ( idk, around 4-500 calories?)and then like... a cheeseburger for lunch ( around 300 cals )then for dinner... he had a fruit n yogurt parfait ( roughly 380 cals )that would be a net caloric intake of around 1200 calories.. and considering he's a male and likely expends a ton more calories than 1200... (Probably burns around 2000 cals per day w/ sedentary movement, maybe more depending on his lifestyle ) ... that would be a net caloric "loss" of 800 calories... so considering he went along with this calorically-restricting plan ( being discriminating when it comes to the menu, of course. Because an average mcdonalds meal probably has around 800-1k calories ) it's entirely possible that he would have been able to lose weight.Mcdonalds food doesn't have some fancy schmancy *fat* ingredient, lol. It's just based on how much food you eat... and as long as you're counting fat grams + calories, you could fashion any kind of diet you want from a mcdonalds menu, i'm sure.

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)

i guess loosing weight has no connection with eating at mcdonalds , only possible way that he can claim that he has reduced weight by eating there is , he must not have taken any food which includes a high fat content, if you eat anywhere and dont take foods of high fat content , then you are sure to reduce weight, so the concerned person in this case cant claim that he reduced weight because of eating at mcdonalds , may be he can claim that because he ate food which has less fat content he reduced weight.

He ate salads, wraps and the 'healthy stuff' in other words he (in one sense) ate healthy for 6 months. Its possible if he ate healthily and exercised to lose maybe not that much weight in 6 months. It does sound like some sort of advertisement. I'm surprised they're not milking it, like Subway did with Jared or whatever the subway guy's name was.

It's cute that he did it for his wife :) On the other hand, we gotta recognize that this man got guts...really thats a showoff of pure willpowerwhy? because McDonald's salads and wraps are the most horrid food I've ever tasted!That guy is quite something (:P)Now seriously, this looks like an advertisement from McDonald's.

Eh, it depends on how you exercise as to how much weight you lose. If you take Biology classes in college you will learn that even eating nothing but apples, bananas, etc. can make you just as fat as nothing but hamburgers. The fat is not caused by "fat foods," but instead by not burning as many calories as you are taking in.If you are burning 5000000 calories a day you can eat that many and gain no weight.In fact, there are some professional swimmers that are very skinny and eat 12k+ calories a day(A mcd's hamburger has ~500 calories, so that's around 24+ hamburgers a day worth of calories).The fact is the food doesn't make people fat, people make themselves fat.

As some, I also find this hard to be possible, I don't get how you can lose weight by eating meals at McDonald's. B) If it's true (he ate salads and similar stuff like a member said), then I congratulate him with his bravery to lose weight in such manner and become a popular person too, but eating low-calory food at McDonald's is no different by eating low-callory food at home, except that people would make you a lunatic if you do it overthere :PI'm happy that I don't have a McDonald's in my city. Fast food just makes people fat and nothing else.

Mainly the show "Supersize me" wants to show that Mc'Donald is a very harmful, Tonnes of Calories if you eat it everyday. I remembered a part when he almost died. Imagine eating Mc"Donalds till you Die. Eeww I would rather spend my money on other stuffs..