xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
untraceable

Backtrack 3

Cd İmage
Usb Edition
VMware edition
This is the best linux edition for wireless hacking...

Backtrack 3 is a Linux distribution that is based on Slackware.It is mainly designed for penetration testing and due to its properties it is widely considered to be a hacking distro.

Source: Backtrack 3 wiki
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

he he .. 800 MB usb edition :)R u sure it does wireless hacking.. ?Does it have some specific hardware requirement like kismet ?? I mean does it ask u to buy a plug-in adapter that costs around $500 just to run the software ;) ? Thanks anyways.. I was looking for something like this.. i found russix but its not available for USB.This should be worth the download , considering Its going to take atleast 2-3 days on my connection ;)

Well, I think that Backtrack is not just for wireless hacking. Officially, it is created as an "Network testing system". That means,that there are every forms of "network testing" :) . Did U just look into the "Maintaning Acces" Directory??? ... Or into the "Information Gathering" Directory? ... Well, I'd say that Backtrack is a wonderfull system if you want to do special things with your C0mputer... :D :D :D

What are the uses and benefit by using the linux backtrack 3Backtrack 3I really wanna know..Coz I was thinking that linux backtrack 3 only use for networking..Hope so.. I will know the uses and benefit by using this OS.That all :).

hey i need some help i have back track 3 running on usb i have everything working i think:( i get so far and try to open my cap. folder in my home folder it does nothing but give me a selection of other programs to use and none seem to work, i had a unable to execute bin file? and the cap. folder goes nuts with crazy writing, i cant get thisto work please help me! :( anything that may help me troubleshoot these issues