xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Xp Going Going Gone no more XP

Well my friends another OS bites the dust. as of June 30 2008 Windows XP will no longer be sold ;) Some store will still carry it until Jan for the low end PC. But now is Vista, and before long Long horn. All that I can say is, Please think kindly of the old XP next time you need to burn a CD or movie. Hard do copy with vista.Thanks Bill Gates, now that you have retired maybe something good will come out of Microsoft.

Hey hey hey bill Gates is the Reason we have operating systems. He did a lot of great things but yeah microsoft willl be better off without him controlling all the Windows stuff. Vista is horrible i prefer my love of XP because it is 20x faster as well as being probably the most successful operating system (my opinion). Just remember to always keep a windows XP disk around.

It is funny though, ever since Microsoft announce its shelving XP from retail store the global population have come in droves to keep XP going. Strangely enough Microsoft response is quite interesting and that they keep pushing the end of support so people who buy a new computer can downgrade to windows XP.

XP is really a big success for Microsoft. Vista is not that much. And XP is the most reliable Operating System from them.Vista sucks...really. I don't like it. Too much graphics. Microsoft stopping Windows XP sales? May be...We should wait for their next OS...Windows7 or some thing..Many predictions are there that, it will use very low resources....Vista is useless.

If people downgrade their computers it means they have to buy an XP license, plus the Vista license that came with their computer, therefore Microsoft are making more money... (Bit of a scam if you ask me!)Personally I also hate Vista, complete resource hog, and half the stuff on it are a waste of space. I couldn't be bothered removing all the useless features, so downgraded to XP :lol:.

I can't stand Vista either, and I always also downgrade to XP. It's just faster, more efficient, etc.In my opinion Vista is a downgrade from XP, just because of it's performance issues. But then again, it's getting to where buying 4gb ram and 3.0 ghz quad cores is the norm, so I guess overall it's fine. Just hate spending a lot of money to do upgrades when they're really not necessary to begin with.

Hey hey hey bill Gates is the Reason we have operating systems. He did a lot of great things but yeah microsoft willl be better off without him controlling all the Windows stuff. Vista is horrible i prefer my love of XP because it is 20x faster as well as being probably the most successful operating system (my opinion). Just remember to always keep a windows XP disk around.

XP was definitely better than Vista, although I always thought that 2000 was a bit more stable and had less frills so it ran smoother. I do have to say though, the computing industry was coming along just fine with operating systems without Bill Gates. All I can remember is him 'borrowing' ideas and running good programmers out of business. I suppose there was a time for a while that Microsoft's OS may have been the best out there, but there have been companies producing very decent and even superior products, which would be even better if the populous would ever come to realize that we don't have to put up with this monoculture and support something better.

Why should your support be rewarded by being charged for superfulous upgrades year after year?

That really pisses me off vista blows sweaty man testicles really its the worst thing Microsoft ever made now there gonna stop making the best OS in the world and replace it with a stupid over complicated frozen horrible OS.expect the world to end in like a year cause of this.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
I can understand your frustration but please follow our forum rules and adhere to language content moderation.