xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
samlockart

Sexually Attracted To One's Self What is it called?

someone who's sexually attracted to oneself must have an extremely high self esteem! I wish I did! lol

I wouldn't think so though. You could be sexually attracted to yourself only and not other people who are the same sex as you. In my humble opinion, I think it just means that you are narcissistic.

The term narcissism is derived from the Greek myth of Narcissus. Narcissus was a handsome Greek youth who rejected the desperate advances of the nymph Echo. As punishment, he was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. Unable to consummate his love, Narcissus pined away and changed into the flower that bears his name, the narcissus.

Does this somewhat reflect your impression of being sexually attracted to one's self?
Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

someone who's sexually attracted to oneself must have an extremely high self esteem! I wish I did! lol
I wouldn't think so though. You could be sexually attracted to yourself only and not other people who are the same sex as you. In my humble opinion, I think it just means that you are narcissistic.
Does this somewhat reflect your impression of being sexually attracted to one's self?

That would about sum it up, but I beleive that in some capacity it would be natural to be attracted to ones self, healthy if you will. Think abotu these ppl that purge because they think they are fat, at a whopping 90lbs. Or those who over eat and get to the point where they are physically unable to walk, and worse yet, are unable to leave the house, or bed due to their immence and massive girth. To love oneself is the greatest and truest love of all, because we know it to be true, and unconditional.

so Im not sure how to answer your question, I would guess that it depends on what capacity you love yourself.

The actual term for this is called autosexuality.I remember reading about it a while ago when I had to write a paper on sexual attraction. Autosexuals are immensely rare in todays society. Especially when they are specifically autosexual. Most of them are also *person* or bi sexual. Even pansexual on occasion. Pansexual means that people are sexually attracted to others with absolutely no inclination between sexes. Transexuals, guys, dolls and all that jazz crop up in a pansexual's collection of fetishes.The word comes from auto meaning self and sexual meaning. Well sexual. That's all I've got to give. Hope that was an in depth enough definition lol.