xisto Community
Mich

Very Disappointed With Data Center Migration What do you think?

I am hopping mad. I have had nothing but grief since Trap 17 moved their Data Center (DC). My site has been down more time than it has been up. I have had to contact Live Support at Xisto 4 times now in the last month. This is ridiculous. They fix things, it lasts a few days and my site is down again. I am at my wits end.

I have been told my support to contact Shree. I have already communicated with him and he told me that things were solved 6/16, then whatever happened, my site was lost completely and had to be restored from their backup. My whole account had to be recreated.

I have been hosted here for 2 1/2 years and have not had any trouble until this change occurred. What the H___ is going on? I for one am not a happy camper.

Addon and Parked domains have to be re-associated with Xisto hosting account if you used any of these features.

Aside from totally recreating an account, if your hosting still has public_html/folder where "folder" used to be your add-on domain you do not need to fear. If parked domain fails to load just re-Park your domain to Xisto hosting account.

This answer comes too late but I had to do some extensive research and tinkering around to find out for myself as well.

Check this topic

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/59072-official-cant-access-my-cpanel-supports-from-admins/

And in order to do any of suggested actions you first need to access your cpanel. Please follow cpanel password reset request found in that topic.

Thanks.

Addon and Parked domains have to be re-associated with Xisto hosting account if you used any of these features.

Aside from totally recreating an account, if your hosting still has public_html/folder where "folder" used to be your add-on domain you do not need to fear. If parked domain fails to load just re-Park your domain to Xisto hosting account.

This answer comes too late but I had to do some extensive research and tinkering around to find out for myself as well.

Check this topic

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/59072-official-cant-access-my-cpanel-supports-from-admins/

And in order to do any of suggested actions you first need to access your cpanel. Please follow cpanel password reset request found in that topic.

Thanks.

Since I am far from being a tech, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS. I don't have and never had any Addon or parked domains. I have 2 sub-domains. I went to my cPanel and recreated the 2 sub-domains. Their respective folders are there. 1 loads and the other doesn't. Why I do not know.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

isn't up from my location. See if you can get there.

OpaQue: Maybe if I knew what happened I could explain it to you. All I know is that since the switchover my site has been down 4 times. Each time I contacted Live Support and they supposedly fixed it. Their fix lasted a couple of days and it went down again. I hope this fix 2 days ago does the trick. Sure it is working right now, but for how long?

That location opens on my side too... It's what rvalkass says, your ISP may be late to update their DNS servers... Also, try Ctrl+F5, to clear your cache... I had to do it in my case, because my FF remembered that greeting hosting page on my domain... But reloading a page did the trick...Also, there is no need to be angry with OpaQue... This is a free service afterall, and like it or not, we are able to use it only with his good will, nothing else... I want to commend him, and the entire Xisto staff, for quick and prompt resolution of the problem... I seriousely doubt that any free web host would be this fast with restoring user accounts... Most of the free hosts don't even have backups, so your sites would all be lost... We got our files back, our databases back... Everything intact... Okay, a little but our of date for some, but hey, these things happen, hardware fails, software corrupts... Even on paid hosting, there are no everyday backups, only a weekly, or even monthly...Shree was always prompt with helping us... Also, T17 admins have gone quite out of their way to help members here... This may sound like sucking up to them, but it's not... I have no reason to suck up... And they DO deserve a little praise, don't you think...Seeing how OpaQue was fast to respond to this situation, made me decide finally, to move to Xisto - Web Hosting, and get me a paid hosting with him... Because I know I can rely on his service, and if the problems do arise, I can always count on top tech help... Hel, I've been using T17 for almost 4 years now, I think I've seen all kinds of times here, good and bad... And guee what, I'm sticking by...So, everybody just chill, and have some patience, matters will be resolved quickly, and all who need help will get it...

Also, there is no need to be angry with OpaQue...

I never indicated anger with OpaQue, did I? I was venting my frustration with the new Data Center. Everybody at Trap 17 forums, Xisto Live Support and including Shree have been very supportive. I appriciate all they have done to help me out. Each time I asked for help, it was rendered quickly and effectively. It is just that it took so many times to solve whatever was the problem and my site was down so much, that it got my goat. Hey, Support even restored my site from their backup since I am on a telephone line and my backup would take hours. Can't complain about that kind of service.

Things seem to be up and running including my homepage site. Thanks for the Ctrl+F5 hint. I didn't know about that one as I am still a bit computer illiterate. I did find it on my handy-dandy Internet Explorer Shortcut List as "Refresh current Web page regardless of time stamps." Unfortunately I didn't understand exactly what that meant. ;) You guys on here are always teaching this old bird new tricks. THANX.

Although your account is back up again, might I suggest cancel this account and get yourself a fresh one that might solve some of the down time problems you been having. Just make sure to save your website, unpark your domain and remember the number of credits you have so as to get them back if you decide to go this route.

oh my lanta tell me about it ;) but on the bright side.. we arent forced to put stupid ads on our websites.. and well everyone is nice.. do what sir mike says and get a new account.. i was going to do that, but my stuff is too complicated to move..though i might transfer Chantellepaige.org to a free fansite host or sometyhing.. because im freaking out about bandwith now

Although your account is back up again, might I suggest cancel this account and get yourself a fresh one that might solve some of the down time problems you been having. Just make sure to save your website, unpark your domain and remember the number of credits you have so as to get them back if you decide to go this route.

Why would I want to do this St.Mike? My site has been completely rebuilt by the Support Dept. I would hope that the support people know what they are doing and things have been working well lately. What would creating a new account accomplish? And I have no idea what "unpark your domain" means.