xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

My Website Randomly Went Offline

My website was working fine, then when I tried to access it on Core FTP Lite (to upload files) Core FTP couldnt connect (i've changed my password, but forgot to change it on Core FTP). I disconnected from Core FTP to try and change my password, but then it couldn't re-connect, and my website has gone down. Everytime I try and go on, I get the "The page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable." page. However, it is only me who's getting this....and I can't log in using FTP or access the CpanelAny help?

I'm also experiencing this problem. My website's: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

From June 21 to 22, I was unable to access my site, login to the Xisto forum threads or connect via FTP. However, at the moment, I assumed good faith and did not think about complaining. After all, I was thinking, if there was, indeed, something wrong, time could be better spent fixing the problem than reading emails that, basically, complain about the same thing.

On the morning of June 23, I was able to login to the forum. I was in the office then, so I couldn't try to login to CPanel but I was unable to connect via FTP. More, I browsed to my site and found a placeholder page by Apache and CPanel.

On the evening of June 23, I tried logging in to CPanel but was unable to do so. I browsed to my site and but my browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera) were not able to connect. I contacted one of the forum admins, asking for help.

This morning, June 24, I browsed to my site and found a placeholder page by Xisto. I am still unable to connect via FTP.

I can see in the forum page that I have more than 150 hosting credits. As far as I know, I have not been immensely unpleasant in posting to the forum threads, nor have I received any warning from any administrator or moderator. My posts were not curt rebuttals or clichčs of agreement. So... suffice to say that I do not recall any incident that might cause my account to be suspended.

At the moment, I am assuming the worst-case scenario: all my data have been obliterated. Do have a backup but it's at home and I'm not coming home until this weekend.

If, perchance, my pages really have been blown away by the cyber-wind, I suppose I can call to mind the quote: Everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's time I renovated my site ;)

I sent a ticket to Xisto, and apparantly my IP was on the ban list for my own website :) however, they removed it and all is working fine ;) maybe you should them a ticket Salaman?

I sent a message to one of the admins and they gave me new account details (reset my password) I'll check it later tonight, seeing CPanel is blocked in the office. I'm afraid, though, that my pages have been lost. Oh well, c'est la vie. I have a backup at home anyway, so I should probably start working on renovating my site ;)

I think, or I'm not sure that the server's were migrating at the time because they were combining or joining with computer-hosting. I could be wrong, but this is probably the best idea that i got. I really don't have any more idea, rather then the fact that the server crashed on you and only just on you. Maybe if it was something that you were running that cost the space into the control panel or the space was a lot that the server can't handle.I'm still pretty sure that the problem was that the servers were migrating at the time.- Prophet.K