xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Wii & Pt the use of the Wii and PT

As some of you know, I have Spinal Bifida. "open spine" Well today I saw something that really made me smile.I had to go to therapy and they have installed the Wii They are using it for people with strokes to help them inprove there arms and leg movements and balance. All I can say is wow. For a simple little game like the Wii to be used for that is GREAT! Who would have thought that something like that could and be used to help people return to a normal or semi normal life.My Therapiest even told me that someday they have to work late just because so many just want to come in an "work out" now that they have the Wii. Just wish I could have had a turn.

Wow - who would have thought that a simple gaming console aimed mainly at people in their houses, sitting in front of the TV for hours, could have a practical use!! Its great that it can be used to help people in a way other than curing boredom...