xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Resetting Resetting all this

Okay I have to really let off some steam here. 1st off I want to say I know that the powers that be had nothing to do with all that happend here at Xisto this weekend. But having to reset everything here encluding passwords to Cpannel, which cost 10 Credits. I feel as this should be paid by not the members but Xisto. Call me cheap but thats the way it is to me. Also with whatever happend I now have to upload my site once again.Forgive me please but I just had to let off some steam.

As much as i know how frustrating things like that can be. I dont think you can really complaine about Xisto atall - Its a great forum community. And Just for postin gin the forums, you get very high quality hosting for FREE!!!!!!!And ten credits isnt really that much... Just a few posts...

Also.. uh.. you shouldn't have to re-upload everything... take a look at your file manager.. everything you had should be there... if it isn't, your a special case ;)

Was not really complaining. more just upset with it all. As I said at the start. Just letting off some steam. Always have been told best to vent than hold it all in.

at the moment, i share your sentiment with regards to the cost of cpanel password reset, Echo_of_thunder. :) having credits in the minimum (barely a week's worth at any given time), i'm adamant in giving TEN credits away to the system (which does not need it anyway). ;) add to that the fact that some reports are coming out of the woodwork that even after a manual reset, they were not able to receive their new passwords. i don't want to feel shortchanged if i ever experience that, so i'm not risking my 10 credits at the moment. i will wait for my Xisto - Support ticket to be addressed on this account, that is... i'm hoping. ;) only if this step fails will i contemplate on making a go with the manual reset provided here on Xisto. :)out of frustration too, i'd be willing to sign under a petition on removing this requirement of 10 credits for a cpanel password reset, if there happens to be one now or later. :) credits are like diamonds for me... i'm a miser, i'll hold on to them the best i can. :) besides, i wouldn't want to be spamming the forums with nonsense just to earn credits for a cpanel password reset. or would i? :) it's up to opaque. :)

I sign that petition as well because you can change your cpanel password for free within cpanel and that doesn't affect resources. Either way I would have to agree that is a waste of credits and knowing how some members just post enough for a couple of weeks for their website, it would cripple them now especially with the down time we are experiencing with as well.

I'd sign that petition, too, I have barely 6 credits and I keep forgetting to post back here ;)and yes, I also hold on to my credits like diamonds, and I keep wondering why 1 of them disappears every day ;)Someone want to hand me some credits?

well is there a petition to sign? if so please link that petition here. I feel sure there others here that would sure want to sign it as well. I know all this is sure opening a can of worms. but honestly I feel as 10 credits is a bit much for resetting a PW, even more if it was not needed really in the 1st place. I do understand that a Pasword does need to be reset ever now and then for safty reasons. But when it is a problem with the server or data base, then the 10 credits should not be put into effect.