xisto Community
ivantoar

Help Me, Lost Skill Suddenly Can you help me to get me back fit?

This may sounds full of lie, but it's true and I need helpAbout a month ago, I was a competitive player, at least in the server I always play. But somehow, around 2 or 3 weeks ago, I don't know why I feel like I lost my skill almost completely. My KDR (Kill Death Ratio, or kill divide by death) usually around 2 or higher, but now, I only can get less than 0.5. Even I remembered 3 days ago, I get 3 kills and 15 deaths. This is somehow frustrating me. I've practice harder (by vs bots, OMG! and going at deathmatch server), but when I arrive there, at the server I always play in, I keep getting headshotted and dying.So, what way do you think I can get back to my skills? And I noticed people doesn't have problems like this, they always at their shape or even better (the noobs stays noob, but can improve, the pro stays pro and can becoming more l337. OMG, they never experienced a downgrade? Why?)P.S. : I ALWAYS have problems like this, but usually it back in 1 weeks.

I think what you may be experiencing are opponents who are better than you... I mean, sometimes I'll be playing, and then I go to a different match, and dang... it looks like I'm terrible...

Yo man; don't worry I got the same problem as you..First I'm getting damn good at all servers .. Suddenly I lose all my skill and get pwned by everyone // you should just keep playing (against low skills ?) and after a while you'll notice that you got your skill back.-reply by Kakashi

lol,

This happened to me a few years ago... I thought omg i have turned into *sorry* a n00b over night...

Then i found this site

http://www.lameexcuses.com/

supposedly the skills fairy comes and saps your cs skills while you are sleeping... but there are things that you can do... such as by this potion from...

http://www.lameexcuses.com/

lol but tbh if you have a clicked on any of the links above then i think it is all lies and you were never any good in the first place...

But if all you say is true then yeah keep practicing and it will all come back to you in time

This can be frustrating and so annoying at times. I lost my skills a few months back, but kept competing against other players that are way better then me. I played on the same server with 4 Professional players, and in a matter of 2 hours I got better and had past the level I lost.Use a Deagle and an M4A1, He-Grenade, two flashbangs, 1 smoke grenade, Armour and a knife, with your M4A1 don't be too scared to run into your opponent shooting him. Like some computer bots they shoot at other players legs, and lower body. Make sure you always aim for there head when shooting.It can be difficult at times, but keep doing it every time you play, and your skills will improve to a higher stage in the game. If you come to the point where your shooting your opponents and you need to reload, don't stop and wait for your weapon to reload. Quickly switch to your Deagle and shoot them in the head. Also when shooting with your Primary weapon try going to them shooting then crouch and keep shooting. This then makes it a tiny bit harder for them because they need to move their cross hair scale down to your body.If your on a Sniping Deathmatch server, get to a better advantage point with some crates and barrels to protect you. Just don't hide behind the exploding barrels with little health. You'll loose some health and the other team has a more of an advantage to kill you. :)Try everything I said, and post back with your new results. :)-Sky

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Writing is easy, getting headshots are hard enough :lol:

I try my best, I hardly get headshots when I'm using M4, I can do headshots better with AK-47. I just feel AK-47's accuracy is better when I use to burst but it surely sucks when bursting. When I tap mouse button with M4A1, it is lame.

What's the smoke for? I just usually use that to escape from AWP'ers. The rest of that, I cannot see enemy coming because of my smoke and teammates complaining. But thanks, I always bring smoke with me.

Do headshots with crosshair aimed at lower body? Come on, seriously (I know recoil will bring it higher and higher till get their head), but I will surely die first before it reachs head

you should just keep playing (against low skills ?)

How suppose I improve if I always play agains low skills? I see a site that tell this

Play with people who are a little bit better than you. If you play with people that are horrible or people that are much better than you, then you're not learning anything. As you get better, move up servers.

I avoid crouching. Yes it will improve accuracy and make me a smaller target, but hey, I cannot move quickly, AWP get me easily, people can easily shoot a sitting duck.

Do headshots with crosshair aimed at lower body? Come on, seriously (I know recoil will bring it higher and higher till get their head), but I will surely die first before it reachs head

No, I said the following:

Like some computer bots they shoot at other players legs, and lower body.

What's the smoke for? I just usually use that to escape from AWP'ers. The rest of that, I cannot see enemy coming because of my smoke and teammates complaining. But thanks, I always bring smoke with me.

Use the Smoke Grenades for a better advantage of moving from one place to another so your opponent doesn't know witch side you switched to, they'd think your still in the same/current position.

teammates complaining

If sv_alltalk is set to 0, warn your teammates that your throwing a Smoke grenade via using your microphone, or team chat. If they still complain, then tell them to shut up, and say you did warn them.

It's there fault if they run into the smoke grenade.:lol:

i totally get what you mean, i too was a competitive player way back.it just sucked so bad when i went back to play recently. no i don't suck, just not as good anymore.although i don't mind losing, but what i can't stand is not improving as time went along.perhaps i'm too old for gaming already lol

Heh, for me my skill just kind of comes and goes in cycles. There might be a period of a month where I get 23 kills before I die, then a month where I die 23 times without killing anyone. Perhaps you are experiencing the same sort of thing. Try playing a different game for a while. Believe it or not it could help. Sometimes just playing with a slightly different cotnrols and weapons and on new maps could make you step up your game. I was playing CoD and was getting like a 0.5 KD ratio, I stopped playing and played another game for a while and when I went back I was getting like 17 kills and 2 deaths.

A sudden loss of skill isn't just a phenomenon experienced with a game like CS. Many players of sports or sports-like games around the world experience a particular condition called the "Yips" on occasion. If you're experiencing this, it would be important to know about it. Google can lead you to a comprehensive description, but I can summarize it for you because it's very relevant to the thread subject.Basically, the Yips is a condition where you suddenly, inexplicably lose a portion or the entirety of your ability in a given sport. There are many different theories that aim to explain why this happens, but the essential result of the Yips are the same: you lose your ability to play in your sport of choice. It can manifest in different ways, but typically it has you disabled in a way that is psychologically prohibitive to overcome. For golfers, they may not time their swings. For Bowlers, they may suddenly lose the ability to release the ball. Dart players are disabled from throwing. It goes on.One leading theory for the Yips is the possibility of biochemical changes that take place in the body over time due to aging. These can reduce the efficiency of sensitive nerves and muscle coordination that are important in playing a sport -- which can be especially true of a FPS game, although I wouldn't know how relevant it is and in what way.Prolonged use of involved muscles and intense demands of coordination and concentration can really take it out of you. Playing at such a high level is something that really challenges your body. Proper rest and timed breaks are essential when it comes to this sort of thing.

I got my co-workers to play CS1.6 again, and initially I was really good, but then they became really good at it. I usually get killed in one shot by any gun the others use, but it takes me about 3 hits to kill them, so I'm guessing there must be some sort of handicap added to my player. I don't usually host the server so I can't tell for sure.On a sidenote, I'd like to say I really like playing Smokin Guns, an open-source alternative to Counter Strike because you don't have the issue of guns spraying (shoot at point blank range but dont cause any damage at all). Smokin Guns puts you on a more level playing field and it's less frustrating, although the graphics aren't as good as Counter Strike.