xisto Community
cw123

Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive! hard drive stops working randomly, please help

Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive! - hard drive stops working randomly, please help!Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

CHKDSK is the worst thing you can use, it will chunk your files up into file1.Chk files. All CHKDSK wants to do is repair the file system, it doesn't care about your data. There is obviously a problem with bad sectors, the drive is dyeing. The trick is to duplicate your hard drive (see HD Clone.Exe free cloning utility that ignores bad sectors). Take it out of the USB enclosure and clone it to another drive equal or greater in size. Once you have the cloned drive, you can run GetDataBack from Runtime.Org. If you need additional help I can help, Data Recovery Lab. Or you can call me directly

Joe (201) 261-2312

-reply by Joe Keys

Seagate 250 GB disk read errorHelp For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I have 250 GB Seagate Intenal Hard disk , System stop to detecting the hard disk,

I have data on the hard disk, what I have to do to keep the data or take bach up.

Operating system not runnig and no hard disk error or disk read error .

What to do to recover the data

-reply by Aftab

Replying to cw123This information applies to HP and Compaq computers with Seagate 320GB, 500GB, 750GB and 1TB hard drives.Seagate recently informed HP of a potential issue concerning certain Seagate SATA hard drives installed in a small number of HP computers.If the computer is affected, after turning on the computer, the computer stops responding (hangs) and the following error (or similar) displays:Error - Non-System disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready.

First of all use any good data recovery software to recover your data.
second, check the SMPS power cable I mean there must be proper EARTHING.
third don't power your monitor from SMPS, use another power cable fromUPS
finally delete all partions and recreate them with FULL format not quickFormat.
Actually seagate's 500GB hard disk are very sensitive to POWER andEarthing,
and usually we think that there is some problem with Motherboard and HardDisk.
Still if problem persists then no choice but RMA.
Thanks.

Barracuda 7200 500g stopped working
Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I have a 500g seagate that stopped working here's some background info.
-Used on a windows xp
-Slave drive for media,
-Less then 1/4 full,
-One year old.
-Internal

Ive done everything on my end to recover the data, switched cables, switched motherboard inputs, tried my coolmax usb reader, tried seagate's hd wizard, read every forum out there and it looks like I'm screwed. The computer dosnt see the hard drive from bios to disk management. Like everybody else I have gigs of music and personal pictures that are on it. The hard drive just stopped accessing information for some reason it spins and makes a little bit of noise like its its trying to read but, the noise stops and it continues to just spin.

Before this incident I had no other problems with the hard drive. Seagate wants at least 1700 and up to 3500to recover the info, luckly I have two other hard drives with most of the information saved on them, but any info saved withen the last year is not on those hard drives my suggestion is to always backup your information and do it often, there is no such thing as a quality company out there anymore. I'm going to make one last effort and take it in to a local computer store for a free evaluation.

-reply by Brian B.

NEVER TRUST SEAGATE HDD :)

Failure rate on seagate is very high .. still people buy it because they give you a good warranty cover.

Maxtor WAS the best hard-drive manufacturer.. Sad Seagate bought it ..

Can someone suggest a better Hard-drive manufacturer coz I was hoping to buy a RELIABLE HDD for backing up my data .. preferably a 1 or 1.5 TB drive.. Price is not an issue :D

Barracuda 7200 500g stopped working

Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

<p>I have a 500g seagate that stopped working here's some background info. </p>

<p>-Used on a windows xp </p>

<p>-Slave drive for media, </p>

<p>-Less then 1/4 full, </p>

<p>-One year old. </p>

<p>-Internal </p>

<p>Ive done everything on my end to recover the data, switched cables, switched motherboard inputs, tried my coolmax usb reader, tried seagate's hd wizard, read every forum out there and it looks like I'm screwed. The computer dosnt see the hard drive from bios to disk management. Like everybody else I have gigs of music and personal pictures that are on it. The hard drive just stopped accessing information for some reason it spins and makes a little bit of noise like its its trying to read but, the noise stops and it continues to just spin. </p>

<p>Before this incident I had no other problems with the hard drive. Seagate wants at least 1700 and up to 3500to recover the info, luckly I have two other hard drives with most of the information saved on them, but any info saved withen the last year is not on those hard drives my suggestion is to always backup your information and do it often, there is no such thing as a quality company out there anymore. I'm going to make one last effort and take it in to a local computer store for a free evaluation. </p>

-reply by Brian B.

Seagate 500gb sata Hard disk is not responding Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!hi I have Seagate 500gb SATA few days back I had bad sectors in my c: drive (like 8kb) since then c drive don't get full formate and its disturbing my operating system alot so I delete the c drive and attach seagate 40gb ATA and having 40gb as primary had a window xp on it and having 500gb as slave so I can use my data which is on 500gb but yesterday I start my computer it stuck between logo screen and welcome screen. I reatart my computer again to check that is it 500gb detected yes it was but having the same problem so I formate the 40 gb and install a new window xp maybe it will work but no having the same problem. As I attach the 500gb computer got stuck and having the same problem but as I remove it window is working perfectly

Please can anyone help me I had a really important data approximatly of 400gb on it

-reply by ShooterKeywords:

Seagate 500 GB External drive crashHelp For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!I have a Seagate FreeAgent ® 500GB external drive which has crashed without notice. I plug in the external power cord but the external drive does not light up and the drive makes a steady off-and-on humming sound every few seconds that sounds like the drive is trying to spin but cannot. In addition, my computer does not recognize the drive so I cannot run a diagnostic on it. I cannot see a means to open the drive and examine it.The drive has a LOT of business and personal information I've backed up over the last year and I would hate to see it lost without a solution...Especially an expensive one. Any solutions.Your help would be appreciated!-reply by Dion

Seagate Barracuda 1tb/sata/7200 rmp/32mb cacheHelp For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.I wanted an external hard drive for additional storage space.I bought the Seagate Barracuda SATA 1tb 7200 rpm 32mb cache.I bought an enclosure with both usb and eSATA.I put the two together. Installed the sata connection in my computer, plugged in the drive and in My Computer the drive was not listed. It was listed in Device Manager.I put in the disk that came with the Seagate drive, installed the wizard software, and let it walk me through formatting the drive. Now the problem:It seems to run slowly. When I move a movie file from my hard drive to the external, the transfer speed seems really slow for a sata connection.I started copying over about 119gb of files and let it run overnight. When I woke up the computer had re-started, and the files had not transferred. Computer also told me a driver was missing in my Raid?Should I reformat the external using windows instead of the seagate wizard?I'm a newbie at this stuff and appreciate the help.Oh, I'm running Vista on an HP quad core with a 500gb internal drive.Thanks!

aaah 500gb hdnice seagate is a nice and reputed company but currently i am not using seagate but i think you will never face any problem with seagate as its the best one can say but also if you use or overload your hd then it might get screwed so take care of your hd

Error in reading my external HD (driver Needed)Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

Hi;

I have this little probs of mine,,,my external HD is having error when I plug it in the usb port..Error said I need to install a driver..It doesnt show in 'My Computer " either..Any help from you guys?

thanks

-reply by Iceman

I have a seagate 750 gb I use for a NAS drive.  Well I transfered dat to it about a year and a half ago and not used it since.  Well I just plugged it all back in and it is completely dead.  I put my ear to it and I can hear a clicking sound as it tries to boot up.  I will steer clear of Seagate form now.  THat was my first one, usually use Western Digital.

Not sure what I will do about my data;  gotta buy new HDD now.

Seagate SATA drives - dead all too soon.. Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I have my 2nd Seagate 500 GB SATA drive failure in less than 6 months... Guess its time to start buying only Western Digital!

If anybody has worked on these, how hard is it to just replace the controller card (other than the tiny-star headed screws???  I was once told that a high percentage of HD failures is just the controller card. 

Have a Happy!!

-reply by PasadenaDave

Do you use SATA and IDE in the same system?Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I've been having unending problems with my SATA drive, and upon reading up on the net I found that the reason for this could be that my system has both sata and ide drives. 

how about you?

-reply by Pranav