xisto Community
badinfluence

Mac Mini when i woke up........

Oop! :) when i woke up, open up my comp, i saw this Mac Mini....it's so cute...Apple hit me again in design... :)

i'm guessin.....could it be better than laptop????is anybody out there knew so well on this, of course i can read through on their web,i mean beyond wut they've mentioned???

i hope i gonna try, what du ya think buddy?? it's 499 bucks, they said huummmmm :rolleyes:

Yeah - I just saw it on "Working Lunch" on BBC2 and it looks very cool. I partictulary like the look of the operating system on the last mac I saw in PC World, and the word is that more reliable ( and more secure - more importantly) than Windows - so if it makes the mac more popular and they release Delphi for it - I will be in heaven!The price seems quite good - but I suspect it will end up being a dollar to pound conversion when it goes on sale here - unfortunately.

.....could it be better than laptop????

.....it's 499 bucks, they said huummmmm :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe... if you want to be lugging around another set of monitor, keyboard, and mouse. :) and strangely enough, Steve Jobs calls the machine "BYODKM... bring your own display, keyboard, and mouse". and for another hundred bucks, a second version with a larger hard drive will also be sold for $599.

well MACs are only popular with girls as far as I'm concerned since they look "cute" :rolleyes:On the other hand, their OS is based on Linux technology and therefore I can easily say that it is superior to any windows.This mini thing, I think of as an overly expensive stereo which you can hook up to your TV (if it is new and has DVI input) and watch dvds, play music etc. Then again, a slim DVD + divx player does exactly the same thing for a quarter of the price.

You're all missing the point. Apple's never sold a computer for lower than $1000 dollars. This is a huge step, ie: starting to get into the sub $500 PC market. This could get them some hardcore market-share. Since there are so many people I know that would shoot their mom's to get a mac but they cost too much, I can easily see at least 20 people I know jumping at the opportunity to get ones of these little buggers.Hell I might even get one, just to play around with. I already have a PowerBook, but I wouldn't mind having a desktop.

just seems like the next 'cool thing' everybody's gotta have w/o really knowing why. seems slightly rediculus to me that you have to buy everything else separately to go along with the 'cute' box. I think people are pretty rigid about their PC or MAC affiliations and I don't think this will create any conversions.

I think it would be kind of cool to hook up to you?re TV or maybe to a music keyboard. I wonder how well these would work for parallel computing. You could put a lot of these on one desk.

you are right, it would be great to parallel computing. Actually companies are going towards using laptop motherboards for parallel computing as well.Much cheaper than buying a server rack.

it's a waste of money if u ask me. if you're going to buy a mac, buy a good one.i think people are going to stick with PCs if that's what they have. PCs, while not the greatest OS, are much more user-friendly to dummies. someone i know was going to et an Imac until calculating that it would be more expensive than a much higher PC. And I've tried out a G4 powerbook, i didn't like it at all. PC laptops are MUCH better.

I have never liked Apple comps, and will probably never will. They produce computers with awesome design, and low specs. While, PCs are (usually) less nice looking, they perform better in all ways. I say usually because there are more then enough options to MOD your pc and make it look awesome (neon lighting/digital displays/etc..)And by the way, when you buy a pc to work alot with, you're not gonna be bothered by the looks, cause you will put the comp somewhere where you don't even see it nicely. Apple comps are made for their design, as home entertainment systems, and as stylish computers for offices where clients visit very frequently (at the main desk it looks alot nicer if the people work with nice designed computers, just an attractive feature of getting in clients)

Apple comps are the minority and PC's are the majority and if Apple doesn't learn to share the space with the PC it will be crushed. The only reason it is alive is because of it's power. I like the graphics of Mac nothing else. It is only good for work. I don't think at home it will be of greater use than a showpiece.

Contrary to whats said above, MACs don't actually perform any worse than PCs. Their CPUs while totally different is on par with the latest intel architecture CPUs.And Apple doesn't even have anything to worry about. They are selling iPods like crazy and making more money than they have ever done before, so they aren't nearly as close to getting "crushed" yet. :D

Id say 499 is a steal for an Apple computer. I belive that apples trying to hit to the budget people right now, as the ipod shuffle also came out that day. Who knows what theyre planning to do... J2theMB