xisto Community
amirborna

Debate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs More This time I dont debate, you do

for me it doesn't really matter what religion you are in. What matters is that you respect everyone around you then your all set.almost all religion announce peace so no need to debate.

Christians, what do you think about Muslims who don't believe / worship jesus?

Well, they aren't in the wrong. Hey. I don't consider myself one as I am not baptised yet.

Muslims, what do you think about Christians who don't pray 5 times a day to allah or anything else?

They aren't in the wrong either. Er...I am not a Muslim. Was this question meant for me?

And other religions, what do you think about others who don't follow your ways?

Now this is my question!

I don't expect people to follow 'my 'ways.

There are discrepancies in all religions (I'll just say what I know for 2 main religions):

The first bible (old testament) was printed many years after Jesus died. Different denominations of Christianity formed. What is mentioned as 500 sheeps in one bible may show 5,000 sheeps in another. NO, I DO BELIEVE IN JESUS and many prophets of God. I just do not believe in the teachings caused by errors of humanity.

As for Islam, I feel many of its principles are again made up by man, not God. Example, Muslim men can have 4 wives while Muslim women were forbidden to work or study so as to keep them like "slaves". This WAS the religion of ancient times for Muslims although the law haven't changed for the part of "4 wives". Muslims can't eat pork either but in DIFFICULT TIMES, they can! Same for fasting. The religion feels like a cult somewhat....Muslims in Turkey can kill their children if their kids date non-Muslims. And there's also the extremist-Muslims like Osama bin Laden.

Ok, before anyone shoots me, let me get this thing clear: I believe in some of the principles in Christianity and Islam. I just do not believe in all of them.

I also believe in the karma rule, of spirits and reincarnation.

So what religion does that maketh of me?

Whatever your faith or religion is, it should act as a guide.

If you have no religion, your conscience is your guide!

If you sin, your only salvation is remorse before change and salvation.

This applies to everyone no matter what your religion may be. Atheist or not, it also applies to you.

You may say you do not answer to your God or Allah, but you are answerable to the ones that feed, and clothed and bring you up. You are answerable to your family. It is LOVE that keeps moving you....

Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

I'll ask you few questions

Can god create anything???

Most of the people would say yes

Can god destroy anything???

Many would again say yes

Now the tricky part..

Can god create something which he cannot destroy??

if the answer is yes then the answer to 2nd question fails and if you say no then the 1st one fails.

There are hundreds of things god cannot do.

He cannot tell a lie.

He cannot be a mortal as well as immortal at the same time

He cannot cheat

He cannot throw us out of his domain

and many more...

Coming to having a talk on religions...

go to this topic Kalki Avataar, mention of prophet muhammed(pbuh) in hindu scriptures

SAY: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)." surah AAl imran verse 36

God is God!Debate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs More

hi.. I'm a Christian... I read all of the things that was written here and I disagree about is the word tha Christian are born as a sinner.. We are created in HIs own image it means we are created perfect because our God is perfect! its on the Bible...

-reply by beth

about the wives dealDebate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs MoreThe reason being that muslims men may marry 4 wives is look at the women population compared to the mens population. There are millions of more women than men so who will take care of these woman.Either they will go into prositution or sell themselves.And she needs to of course cover herself up from the looks of those devilsh men lool. And we don't kill the innocent we are not animals.-reply by Abubakr Farah

...Muslims in Turkey can kill their children if their kids date non-Muslims...

They are other wrongs in your knowledge but I found this one especially hilarious as I live in Turkiye.

In the western world, you can marry only one woman but you can have numberous lovers as long as you can either buy expensive gifts to your wife or hide other women from her. Cheating is less shamed in western world by the societes. And dont forget that you can quickly change lovers and have sex with many women before marriege, you can even post-pone marrieges but live together in case you may find a more attractive women.By the way, I know christinaty also shames those acts. Im here refering to hyporict western people shows 4 wife thing as really disgusting thing while they practice the same thing without the responsibilities that Quran put on polygrami.

Enlightenment of the individualDebate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs More

The truth about all religions and life itself is that it will come to a point where the individual has to decide for themselves.  As far as the comments on whether you are born a muslim or not that is up to your belief.  My belief isn't Islam there-for that's not what I believe.  So we ask this?  I'm a christian so to consider how I should feel about whether muslims worship Jesus or not isn't my personal focus.  If that's what they believe that's what they believe.  We are fighting across the world right now with these differences causing hatred amongst us world-wide.  Historically we have gone to war over our seperate beliefs and I would say it is idiotic for us to allow such a thing to happen again in such a modern more advanced world.  Let's understand and live together instead of fighting.  The muslims were split after Mahammud's death because of their beliefs and now their people are scattered across the middle-east.  I call for peace amongst us all.  I call for the people of the world to be satisfied in their own beliefs and that we learn to be prosperous in our self-convictions.  Let's not get tangled up in our differences but let's embrace them.  It's not for me to tell you whether you are wrong or right but for you to decide yourself.  If you decide that you want to come to my religion I'm here to help guide you.  If I decide to come to yours I'd hope you would do the same.  I'm more than willing to work side by side with a muslim, having already done so, and am willing to do so again.  Some of my favorite people are of other religions.  Islam and Christianity share the same roots and our fuss is the claim of right.  Who is truly promised to be the right son of Abraham?  That's where it all started...Atleast the seperation of us all.  What if we can stand together?  What if we can simply agree to dissagree as a world and work to making a better place?  What if we can stop getting tangled up in our mishaps and actually create a new era where we can get more done?  Create more economical flow in the world all around.  Begin to solve hunger and work towards eliminating an unhealthy vessel of people on this planet.  Combine our minds in technology and reach the stars.  So you ask what I think?  I think that if that's what they believe I wouldn't dream of changing their faith.  Faith is a good and wonderful thing.  And I would expect them to respect me in the same.  That's what I think.

-reply by David

Islam & JesusDebate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs MoreReplying to amirbornaHow can you say that Muslims donot believe in Jesus? We, Muslims, believe in all the Prophets from Adam (A.S.) to Muhammad (S.A.W.), though some of our concepts vary. Jesus was not the son of Allah. This is common sense. How can God, who created the whole universe can have a son? Why does He need a son? God is one, He's not a human or anything of the kind. Jesus is the messenger of Allah, the second last. Jesus had told his believers that a final Prophet will come. In our Holy Book, all the Prophets are mentioned, including Jesus.(O Esteemed Messenger!) Proclaim: ?He is Allah, Who is the One. Allah is the Transcendent of all, the Protector and Far-Superior to all. He has not begotten any nor is He begotten.Nor is there anyone equal to Him.? (Qoran)

A PerspectiveDebate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs MoreIam a Muslim from India, studied in a Christian missionary-run school.With due respect to the excellent education such schools provide, Imust say that today I am a little surprised about the way they put theBible in the syllabus from first grade for all the students, be itHindus, Muslims, Christians, Jains or Buddhists. And to be honest, Igrew up with a hazy notion that Christ was God's son, who died on thecross to cleanse the worl of sins. In fact, it all sounded quiteromantic, heroic and inspiring. I thought that was the way it was andmy own religion brought the final truth after Christ, all the whilerespecting the common grounds between Christianity and Islam. However,it is now that I have started to see the real differences between these2 religions. Although I greatly respect the rights of Christians topractice their own faith (The Quran clearly mentions "There is nocompulsion in religion" ), there are a lot of logical goof-ups inChristianity which I cannot turn a blind eye to. All the prophets inthe Abrahamic tradition professed faith in one God and strictly spokeagainst idolatry. But look at Christianity, not only have they giventhe status of God to a man, but also made idols all over the world, ofnot just Christ but also Mary, and are worshipping them. Aren't theygoing against their own logic? Do they believe God must biologicallybeget a son? Isn't God powerful enough to just say "Be" and let theVirgin Mary have a child? The concept of deities giving birth toother deities giving birth to more other deities (and it goes on andon) is quite common in Greeko-Roman mythology, Hindu mythology andother pagan cults. How is Christianity then any different from thesecults? As a Muslim, I have great respect for Jesus, indeed he was oneof the more favoured prophets (in my humble opinion, and Allah knowsbest), for he was granted by Allah the power to raise the dead (not anordinary feat!) But that does not make him God. Moreover, the Bibleitself says that death by crucifixion is a curse, why then subject aprophet to the same fate? And does Christ's crucifixion (as Christiansbelieve) give right to Christians to do whatever they want in theworld, since an innocent prophet has already died because of theirsins? Christians often call Muhammad a false prophet. Well, how strangethen that most gurus and saints from different religions are oftenrevered as God (whether by permission or dissention towards theirGurus' original words, I do not know), yet Muhammad, even with hislarge number of followers, strictly prohibited any such ideas ofvenerating him as a God. Would a false prophet do that? Muslims areeven advised strongly on making no visual image of him, as a precautionagainst icon worship.

Indeed, in a postmodern wolrd, the idea of personal freedom isnot something one can disregard. Yet, with the way in which thisfreedom is being used is some time horrifying. It's all very easy tosmoke up a joint and think that one is navigating in a sea of wonder,and all too easy believe in the "sex, drugs and rock 'and' roll" lifethat certain Christians are pursuing and propagating (against theirscriptures, I am sure), yet one only needs to take a step back and seewhat it has does to human kind. If Muhammad was a fake prophet, ifIslam is a satanic cult (as some Christians say), why would it prohibitintocicants that lead human beings to ruin?

Indeed, as a Muslim, I detest the acts of terrorism that somefrom my religion commit in the name of Islam. Yet to say thatChristianity is all peace and love is absolutely untrue. Jesus himselfin the Bible says that he has come not as " a peace" but as " a sword".In fact, a lot of postcolnial writing from Africa and other placesquite clearly show how Christians forced their religion on millions ofpeople by the gun.-reply by Hussain

about SINDebate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs MorePlease don't mis understand the wordings in bible.In bible it is not mentioned that people taking birth as sinners.It is conveyed by preachers in wrongly manner.Here I want to make you clear there is a difference between"IN SIN" & "WITH SIN"IN bible it is mentioned people are taking birth "in sin" but not "with sin".Here the question arises?Where is the sin?Is it in mothers womb?!NO, certainly not sin is in the world and we are living the sin world which is full of lust,cruel,jealous and wickedness.So the world is full of sin so we are taking birth "in sin" but not "with sin".Jesus said,"do not object the little the heavenly kingdom is theirs".The heaven is given to the holy ones but not to the sinners as we all knew it.From your perception if we are taking birth with sin then how can the little go to heaven.Please think of it guys and customize the wordings personally then you can analyze the truth.If any one says you are a sinner, will you agree?Certainly you will not, you will ask him/her what is the mistake I committed to be a sinner?Until and unless you do not commit a mistake you cannot be a sinner.Please don't misunderstand the heavenly God and his son jeasus teachings.This teachings are for us to become the sons and daughters of God.Think and read the word of God the bible perfectly you can live in truth and reavh heaven.Even though you are christian and do not know and understand the teachings of jesus no one can reach the heaven.Even you are christian, hindu or muslim.Thanking youDheeraj-reply by vijay

Islamic perspectiveDebate With The Religions : Christian Vs Islam Vs More

In Islam, from the beginning of mankind there has been various prophetsSent to all nations some once, some several times. The early days eachNation was sent a prophet to guide them, with one message that there isOnly one God. Some were given books others were not. This possibly wasDue to the fact that there was not much global communication likePhones media, even papers depending on the time period. The laws theyBring were only for their nation. Like moses came to only the Hebrews.If for example, the aborgines of that time in australia would not beExpected to obeyed by Hebrew laws or be judged according to it becauseGod had not sent moses to the aborgines because there was no possibleWay the aborgines would be able to find out that moses even existed dueTo lack communication and the distance. God only punish people who areSent guidance but then do not follow it. So therefore, their maybeProphets even to the chinese, africans or even native americans butThere message was lost. Remember this, the nations these prophets cameTo did not call them prophets but called them by other names in theirOwn language.Some prophets were successful and some were not. Some prophets wereKilled, other prophets were successful but when they died their messageWas altered maybe due to innovations intentionally or unintentionally.Thus each time messages were lost or changed to some extent from oneGod to partners of God and to 100 of gods. The reason why the abrahamic prophets are mentioned in the Koran isBecause they were very successful in their message to their nations andMaybe because the times they came there message could have a greaterImpact since I think mankind had advanced considerably, they wereSailing ships etc and more contact with other civilisation possible.The Jews believed they were the chosen one above mankind but the onlyReason they were chosen was they accepted the message more then otherNations, rather then they were made with special genetics and should beRulers of the world. All people are equal one in front of God Allah, heWill not judge you by your race, IQ or how fast you are but you deedsAnd how you spent your life. This bit was hard to swallow when the jewsEncounter prophet Mohammed and the main reason why they did not acceptHim. But remember, the Jews and other nations have rejected prophets inThe past like Jesus who was nearly crucified even though evidences wereClear and sufficient. Sometimes mankinds self interest is above the lawOf God like money and power.In Islam the Prophet Mohammed was the final prophet, but what wasDifferent about him was that he was not sent to the Arabs but toMankind, so he was the seal of the prophets. If you look at variousDifferent religions, you will be able to find that there is a one GodIdea even in pagan or idol religions such as hindusim if you look atTheir spirtual books. However, their religion has become altered, theirMaybe some truth but there is falsehood as well. Its like if you haveMilk and then their is oil mixed with it, will you drink it or call itMilk?Peace

-reply by Saima

From ?Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future?By Seraphim RoseThe Monotheistic Religions; Do We Have the Same God That Non-Christians Have?By Father Basile Sakkas"THE HEBREW AND ISLAMIC PEOPLES, AND CHRISTIANS... These three expressions of an identical monotheism, speak with the most authentic and ancient, and even the boldest and most confident voices. Why should it not be possible that the name of the same God, instead of engendering irreconcilable opposition, should lead rather to mutual respect, understanding and peaceful coexistence? Should the reference to the same God, the same Father, without prejudice to theological discussion, not lead us rather one day to discover what is so evident, yet so difficult ? that we are all sons of the same Father, and that, therefore, we are all brothers?"Pope Paul VI, La Croix, Aug. 11, 1970On Thursday, April 2, 1970, a great religious manifestation took place in Geneva. Within the framework of the Second Conference of the "Association of United Religions," the representatives of target religions were invited to gather in the Cathedral of Saint Peter. This "common prayer" was based on the following motivation: "The faithful of all these religions were invited to coexist in the cult of the same God"! Let us then see if this assertion is valid in the light of the Holy Scriptures.In order better to explain the matter, we shall limit ourselves to the three religions that have historically followed each other in this order: Judaism, Christianity, Islam. These three religions lay claim, in fact, to a common origin: as worshippers of the God of Abraham. Thus it is a very widespread opinion that since we all lay claim to the posterity of Abraham (the Jews and Moslems according to the flesh and Christians spiritually), we all have as God the God of Abraham and all three of us worship (each in his own way, naturally) the same God! And, this same God constitutes in some fashion our point of unity and of "mutual understanding," and this invites us to a "fraternal relation," as the Grand Rabbi Dr. Safran emphasized, paraphrasing the Psalm: "Oh, how good it is to see brethren seated together..."In this perspective it is evident that Jesus Christ, God and Man, the Son Co-eternal with the Father without beginning, His Incarnation, His Cross His Glorious Resurrection and His Second and Terrible Coming ? become secondary details which cannot prevent us from "fraternizing" with those who consider Him as "a simple prophet" (according to the Koran) or as "the son of a prostitute" (according to certain Talmudic traditions)! Thus we would place Jesus of Nazareth and Mohammed on the same level. I do not know what Christian worthy of the name could admit this in his conscience.One might say that in these three religions, passing over the past, one could agree that Jesus Christ is an extraordinary and exceptional being and that He was sent by God. But for us Christians, if Jesus Christ is not God, we cannot consider Him either as a "prophet " or as one sent by God, "but only as a great imposter without compare, having proclaimed Himself "Son of God," making Himself thus equal to God!" (St. Mark 14:61-62). According to this ecumenical solution on the supra-confessional level, the Trinitarian God of Christians would be the same thing as the monotheism of Judaism, of Islam, of the ancient heretic Sabellius, of the modern anti-Trinitarians, and of certain Illuminist sects. There would not be Three Persons in a Single Divinity, but a single Person, unchanging for some, or successively changing "masks" (Father-Son-Spirit) for others! And nonetheless one would pretend that this was the "same God"Here some might naively propose: "Yet for the three religions there is a common point: all three confess God the Father! "But according to the Holy Orthodox Faith, this is an absurdity. We confess always: Glory to the Holy, Consubstantial, Life-giving and Indivisible Trinity." How could we separate the Father from the Son when Jesus Christ affirms I and the Father are One (St. John 10:30); and St. John the Apostle, Evangelist, and Theologian, the Apostle of Love, clearly affirms: Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father (St. John 2:23).But even if all three of us call God Father: of whom is He really the Father? For the Jews and the Moslems He is the Father of men in the plane of creation; while of us Christians He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ by adoption (Eph. 1:4-5) in the plane of redemption. What resemblance is there, then, between the Divine Paternity in Christianity and in the other religions?Others might say: "But all the same, Abraham worshipped the true God; and the Jews through Isaac and the Moslems through Hagar are the descendants of this true worshipper of God." Here one will have to make several things clear: Abraham worshipped God not at all in the form of the unipersonal monotheism of the others, but in the form of the Holy Trinity. We read in the Holy Scripture: And the Lord appeared unto him at the Oaks of Mamre... And he bowed himself toward the ground (Gen. 18:1-2). Under what form did Abraham worship God? Under the unipersonal form, or under the form of the Divine Tri-unity? We Orthodox Christians venerate this Old Testament manifestation of the Holy Trinity on the Day of Pentecost, when we adorn our churches with boughs representing the ancient oaks, and when we venerate in their midst the icon of the Three Angels, just as our father Abraham venerated it! Carnal descent from Abraham can be of no use to us if we are not regenerated by the waters of Baptism in the Faith of Abraham. And the Faith of Abraham was the Faith in Jesus Christ, as the Lord Himself has said: Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day; and he saw it and was glad (St. John 8:56). Such also was the Faith of the Prophet-King David, who heard the heavenly Father speaking to His Consubstantial Son: The Lord said unto my Lord (Ps. 109:1; Acts 2:34). Such was the Faith of the Three Youths in the fiery furnace when they were saved by the Son of God (Dan. 3:25); and of the holy Prophet Daniel, who had the Vision of the two natures of Jesus Christ in the Mystery of the Incarnation when the Son of Man came to the Ancient of Days (Dan. 7:13). This is why the Lord, addressing the (biologically incontestable) posterity of Abraham, said: "If ye were the children of Abraham, ye would do the works of Abraham" (St. John 8:39), and these "works" are to believe on Him Whom God hath sent (St. John 6:29).Who then are the posterity of Abraham? The sons of Isaac according to the flesh, or the sons of Hagar the Egyptian? Is Isaac or Ishmael the posterity of Abraham? What does the Holy Scripture teach by the mouth of the divine Apostle? Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed: which is Christ (Gal. 3:16). And if ye be Christ Is, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise (Gal. 3:29). It is then in Jesus Christ that Abraham became a father of many nations (Gen. 17:5; Rom. 4:17). After such promises and such certainties, what meaning does carnal descent from Abraham have? According to Holy Scripture, Isaac is considered as the seed or posterity, but only as the image of Jesus Christ. As opposed to Ishmael (the son of Hagar; Gen. 16:1ff), Isaac was born in the miraculous "freedom" of a sterile mother, in old age and against the laws of nature, similar to our Saviour, Who was miraculously born of a Virgin. He climbed the hill of Moriah just as Jesus climbed Calvary, bearing on his shoulders the wood of sacrifice. An angel delivered Isaac from death, just as an angel rolled away the stone to show us that the tomb was empty, that the Risen One was no longer there. At the hour of prayer, Isaac met Rebecca in the plain and led her into the tent of his mother Sarah, just as Jesus shall meet His Church on the clouds in order to bring Her into the heavenly mansions, the New Jerusalem, the much-desired homeland.No! We do not in the least have the same God that non-Christians have! The sine qua non for knowing the Father, is the Son: He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me (St. John 14:6,9). Our God is a God Incarnate, Whom we have seen with our eyes, and our hands have touched (1 John 1:1). The immaterial became material for our salvation, as St. John Damascene says, and He has revealed Himself in us. But when did He reveal Himself among the present-day Jews and Moslems, so that we might suppose that they know God? If they have a knowledge of God outside of Jesus Christ, then Christ was incarnate, died, and rose in vain!No, they do not know the Father. They have conceptions about the Father; but every conception about God is an idol, because a conception is the product of our imagination, a creation of a God in our own image and likeness. For us Christians God is inconceivable, incomprehensible, indescribable, and immaterial, as St. Basil the Great says. For our salvation He became (to the extent that we are united to Him) conceived, described and material, by revelation in the Mystery of the Incarnation of His Son. To Him be the glory unto the ages of ages. Amen. And this is why St. Cyprian of Carthage affirms that he who does not have the Church for Mother, does not have God for Father!May God preserve us from the Apostasy and from the coming of Antichrist, the preliminary signs of which are multiplying from day to day. May He preserve us from the great affliction which even the elect would not be able to bear without the Grace of Him Who will cut short these days. And may He preserve us in the "small flock," the "remainder according to the election of Grace," so that we like Abraham might rejoice at the Light of His Face, by the prayers of the Most Holy Mother of God and Ever-Virgin Mary, of all the heavenly hosts, the cloud of witnesses, prophets, martyrs, hierarchs, evangelists, and confessors who have been faithful unto death, who have shed their blood for Christ, who have begotten us by the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the waters of Baptism. We are their sons ? weak, sinful, and unworthy, to be sure; but we will not stretch forth our hands toward a strange God! Amen.Father Basile SakkasLa Foi Transmise, April 5, 1970

About the non christian's salvation(from wikipedia, I hope is correct):Orthodox Christians hold that man was originally created in communion with God, but through acting in a manner contrary to his own nature (which is intrinsically ordered to communion with God), he disrupted that communion. Because of man's refusal to fulfill the "image and likeness of God" within him, corruption and the sickness of sin whose consequence is death entered man's mode of existence. But when Jesus came into the world He Himself was Perfect Man and Perfect God united in the divine Hypostasis of the Logos, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity. Through his assumption of human nature, human existence was restored, enabling human beings, and the fulfilment of creation, through participation in divinity by incorporation into Jesus Christ."The Word of God came in His own Person, because it was He alone, the Image of the Father, Who could recreate man made after the Image. In order to effect this re-creation, however, He had first to do away with death and corruption. Therefore He assumed a human body, in order that in it death might once and for all be destroyed, and that men might be renewed according to the Image [of God]." St. Athanasius, On the IncarnationSalvation, or "being saved," therefore, refers to this process of being saved from death and corruption and the fate of hell. The Orthodox Church believes that its teachings and practices represent the true path to participation in the gifts of God. Yet, it should be understood that the Orthodox do not believe that you must be Orthodox to participate in salvation. God is merciful to all. The Orthodox believe that there is nothing that a person (Orthodox or non-Orthodox) can do to earn salvation. It is rather a gift from God. However, this gift of relationship has to be accepted by the believer, since God will not force salvation on humanity. Man is free to reject the gift of salvation continually offered by God. To be saved, man must work together with God in a synergeia whereby his entire being, including his will, effort and actions, are perfectly conformed with, and united to, the divine."God becomes powerless before human freedom; He cannot violate it since it flows from His own omnipotence. Certainly man was created by the will of God alone; but he cannot be deified [made Holy] by it alone. A single will for creation, but two for deification. A single will to raise up the image, but two to make the image into a likeness. The love of God for man is so great that it cannot constrain; for there is no love without respect. Divine will always will submit itself to gropings, to detours, even to revolts of human will to bring it to a free consent." Vladimir Lossky, Orthodox Theology: An IntroductionThe ultimate goal of the Orthodox Christian is to achieve theosis, or Union with God. This is sometimes expressed thus: "God became Man so that Man might become God." Some of the greatest saints have achieved, in this life, a measure of this process. The individual who achieves theosis never realizes his accomplishment, as his perfect humility keeps him blind to pride. Salvation therefore is not merely an escape from the eternal bondage of death, but an entrance to life in Christ here and now.

Some Muslims h ave wrong notion that Christians worship Mary or idols of Jesus and Mary. They never asked the Christians who are "practicing such" but presumed what they saw. IF I see Muslims faithful going to Mecca and circle the black rock, I can presume that they are worshiping that black stone of Ka'aba! That is a grave error of Muslims ! Does this make any sense??

Similarly, thinking that Mary is worshipped or is part of the Trinity (as mentioned in Quran) is ignorance at best!

Christianity as its past but Christians learned and understood freedom of speech and making choice ! Most if not all Christians majority nations are democratic (UK has not Muslims majority and it will be under shariat in near future. It will change its name, too!). They allow people of all faiths to practice their religion. Compare this with Saudi Arabia or other muslims nation which bar people of other faith to practice their religion freely.

The Islam carefully "protect" Muslims while taking away their freedom to independently test the truth of Islam. If Islamic nations are really proud of their truth of Islam then what are they afraid of??? Why not they allow freedom to Christian to give good news of Jesus Christ in their countries?

Christian truth is not guarded by some political leaders but it is fruit of relationship with true God. Unfortunately, Islam (even Judaism to some degree) thinks of a God who is far far in heaven. No wonder they have not experienced love of God flowing as Jesus Christ.

Unless you have Jesus in your heart, you have no life... Here or in hereafter !

PEACE...

-reply by Sandip