xisto Community
amirborna

Test Of The Bible : 2012

I do not get what your saying here. It does not make sense that all those different religions believe in one god. So ALLAH == Jehovah? I think thats what your saying but please clear it up.

Jewish people call their god as Jehovah, right? And Jews, Christians, Muslims believe in the same god. And he is Allah. The translations, names maybe different.

But the three holly religion has the same god, the only god, Allah.

Look at here http://www.quran-islam.org/home_(P1).html.html.html.html.html.html

Here you search for text "Israel", you will see what I mean.

And there are lots of site about Quran. And all these sites are writing the same words, because all the Qurans in the world are writes the same, you can't find any differences. Have a look at that site, you will find there the sura of Baqarah.

Or try this site. The translation of this site,from Arabic to English, is better I think http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

Oh ok....never mind then.Go to my other thread about Debate of your religion plz

I've seen your other topic, and i don't see the purpose in engaging in it. If anything, that topic will cause trouble, for a topic like that has the potential to bring disputes (yes, with the bad connotation to it). I don't see the benefit in talking about what i think about other religions. I would rather study and talk about mine, where the chances of me saying something false about the religion is slim to none.

In Christianity, it's difficult to nail down the end of the world. It was said at the end of Jesus life that it would be in 2000 years, and Jesus lived into his 30s, so we know it won't be in 2012. Probably around 2032. Can't predict a date. We should begin seeing "signs" in the next 20 years.

Which reminds me about that comet that supposed to hit the Earth on Easter Sunday in the 2030s.

* researches *

Actually, the chance is 99.998% that it won't hit the Earth! So much for that idea. :D The fact that it's meant to hit the Earth 2000 years after Jesus was resurrected and on exactly the same day of the year, though, ignites the superstitious side of me no end.

We shall see.

wow... i can not believe you believe that.... and not the bible! That is the most outrageous thing i have ever heard!uhhh... yea for some reason the mayans had some superspecial relationship with jesus and god and they all decided that the world was gonna end in 2012....i mean... why can't we just do what the mayans did? If they can predict the end of the world, why is it so hard for us to predict the weather?Well, too bad most of them are dead and can't teach us this stuff.WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!what about the rapture? You know, that day that jesus comes and takes up all the ones that are saved and then satan reigns the earth for seven years and then god comes and destroys satan and all that?Thanks for the laugh! :);):);)

haha... maybe will end when we will kill eachother like some fools..or a epidemy.. who knows..or who want to know? :)so why should I care? we all die and someone is making sure we remain that way ;)I've done some research and I've concluded 2 possible apocalyptic years that 2012 and the 2029 or something like that.. but it must be like with the 2000 some idi0+s told that we will die...or something like that and some died but not all of us ;) we will live and we will see...maybe

Viral spam.

Test Of The Bible : 2012

You are a victim of viral marketing.

This whole thing is an astroturf movement created by the people who wrote books about the "end of days" predicted by the Mayan calendar. It has nothing to do with Christianity, Islam or any other modern religion. If you published a book that is due to expire in 4 years time you'd make a lot of fake noise about it and try to make as many people buy the book as possible before 2012.

To do this you encourage a fake groundswell of idiots to talk about it, help sell your book and maybe even some TV rights.

Please try to be less of a victim in future!

-reply by WAHT?

Okay, having gone through the entire topic, I found it better to clear some things out here than to reply to different posters.First thing, Amir, 2012 will not be a test for the Bible. Nothing will ever be. There has been no test ever for any religion, if a change has to happen, it would've already happened with the amount of empirical knowledge we have at our hands today. Besides, there are more than 10 theories that the World will end in 2012, not just religious ones, by the way.The Mayan Calendar doesn't predict the end of the World in 2012, it's the year that it ends. It just doesn't continue any further, which means that it could be the end of the world, but it doesn't make sense just to leave the calendar ending there without making a further note. Now I respect the Mayan civilization for whatever they did in their time but it just doesn't make sense to leave the calendar right there. Maybe it's sheer archeological/anthropological error which makes us believe that 2012 has been predicted by the Mayans as the last year to be witnessed by Humans. The only thing which pulls me slightly towards this theory is that the Mayans have been immensely accurate otherwise.Second thing, Christians, Jews and Muslims believe in the same God. Just different names. Jews don't believe in Jesus being their Lord and God's Son and Muslims don't believe in Jesus as God's Son but just another prophet, their reason to disbelieve the Bible is simple, contamination. Although I still wonder as to how the Qur'an could survive attempts of contamination since people like Dr. Zakir Naik and Harun Yahya have openly misinterpreted and even manipulated Qur'anic verses.If you wish to debate to on the many theories pointing out to 2012 as the last year of Human survival, please create a new topic since the offending vibe of this topic is openly intimidating. Besides, like TF, I see no point in debating over my beliefs or rather the lack of them just for a few points. I don't believe in unnecessary hatred although naturally occuring debates are most welcome.

know what?! nothing will gonna happen, there's no such problem like human extinction..not so soon that's what I believe;
have you check out this? http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ kinda interesting...
and all the dates from the bible are not exact..can be like 20-30 or maybe 100 years difference, add the other factors and you get even more...
the lessons from bible are good some are very good but you need to understand them the right way.. and also update what suppose those things to mean to our daily live..
I found really interesting associations, some of them I can't even talk about or I'd be criticized and sawed as crazy..

2012 Contamination Starting at large degreeTest Of The Bible : 2012

My husband said that a contamination of the world will start in 2012 and in later years clones will be made to 'supposedly' help deal with this contamination, but will create other problems.Why do I believe this? He has not proven otherwise.

-reply by Margo

The Bible does not support any dates for the end of the world. Not 2012, nor 2000 years after his death. In fact, hear the words of Jesus:

But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. (Matthew 24:36, ESV)

It is super clear that no date for the end of the world can be supported by the Bible. The 2012 hoax comes from pagan sources, the Mayans. And its not even the ned of the world according to them. Only the end of an age.

Please, people, start reading your Bibles. Do not fall into paganism, or you will face the judgement after your life has ended.

The thing that makes this holiday so wfeonrdul is the warmth of good spirits. The problem is that we should all be this way, all the time. Why wait for christmas to spread good cheer, in a world that is so close to destroying itself. Instead of tripping over each other to look like the better man, why don't we treat each other as the better man? The christmas season has been entrenched with myth and legend and pagan practices to numerous of which to mention. One could, and probably have written a book on it. The christmas tree story itself is a ritual. St. Nick was a real man whose generosity and magnanimity won him a spot as Santa; but I think that if he were alive he would be appalled at what this world has done with him. I don't think Jesus hates this holiday, but it defeats the purpose to which he has called us. We need to be willing to have this christmas spirit all year long. Gods will on earth is what we should be concerned with, not a mad rush for gifts and celebration.