xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kudmus

Firefox Aims For Guiness Book. What a crazy plan

Pliz don't get me wrong! I love Firefox and I'll be one of the people who will download the browser on the download day. Although this is my browser of choice I still think these mguys have gone too far with this download record thing. I saw this blog titled Will Firefox 3 set a new world record? and I couldn't help but laugh at such an obsession. Can someone really brag about a record that after working so hard to force us to propell them to the top. I think if anyone needs such a record they should just market their product, make it appealling to us and impress everyone so that we can propell them to the top without them showing openly that that's their motive.

Edited by kudmus (see edit history)

They can't not make a record, and why shouldn't they, it would be cool (this is the first record attempt of its kind) they are setting the record, there figure is what will start this section off, firefox is one of the most used softwares in the world (half a billion is a big deal)

Also don't post about things your obviously clueless about, visit your site, their motive is obvious, on download day every download will help them make a record, it doesn't get much better than that, of course there advertising it. It's not against the rules and you'd be a complete idiot not to!

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/friends/

I mentioned this in greater detail in an earlier post!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I dont realy like firefox but its pretty cool that their trying to set that record. If they can do it thats pretty sweet, but i have no idea what the current record is but with over a million pleadges they might just get the record.

I do think it would be an interesting record because nobody has done it before but we all know firefox is going to beat any other downloading world record...

Also, this xkcd comic fits so perfectly in this topic:

Posted Image

It's a nice way of advertising to make people download their softwareJust like yo posted here, and are telling to people, they knew this would happen which is why they did itUnless some crazy software comes out for windows such as Free Internet or whatever where you get OC3 internet for downloading it, it probably won't get beat^.^

Thanks Kobra for the link. My pledge was not not yet there.

I warned you guys not to get me wrong. I think their setting the record is a good thing and I'll tell all my friends to download the world's best browser on the 17th. What I'm saying is they shouldn't make a lot of noise about it like that. The record will not be naturally attained. It won't be something someone shd be proud of. Pple like me are going to download it for the sake of the record.

The way u guys and a couple of my friends are reacting to this shows me that I'm the only one who thinks this way. Although I now think any human would do that if they could I won't try to be normal. I'm diferent and I like it that way.

Although we may have differences in this approach we all have the same goal so let's spread Firefox

Let's support Firefox and make history!

Posted Image