xisto Community

Cools... Its different, simple and rather weird but Firefox is still a major must for all windows users. I found a huge speed increase from IE6>Firefox (Back in the day) But the comparison today could be different between IE7>Firefox 2/3

I'm a little iffy on getting firefox 3. I have 2, and I'm happy with it, but for all I know it could still be buggy, and I've heard that not all the addons work right now. I'd like to have fully operational addons...so yea, I'm gonna stick with 2 for now.But for those that have it, given what I've just said, is it worth the download?

Yes it is worth the download. It's faster and safer (can't guarantee this as I don't really know about security in web browser, at least developer said that). It's too bad we can't use great addons because many addons still not support Firefox 3 yet, but it's still ok, at least all basic addons available

Wow 8 Million downloads, that is just sad if you think about it, especially on the fact that Firefox in total has over 500,000,000 downloads to date. Granted if that bottleneck that happen in the first few hours didn't happen, maybe they got more. Personally I would think getting 50-100 million downloads would have been a lot better, but what really cracks me is that U.S. had the most downloads out out over everyone, especially the European Union who are practically the epicenter of non windows, open source software out there. I was expecting China and India thought to have at least a million or so by themselves, but alas, they are in 100,000-150,000 range in India, and 200,000-250,000 range in China.Now granted, 11 million downloads in two days is pretty impressive and right now I am at the spread firefox website and in writing this post, firefox has been downloaded over 12,000 time already in these 5-10 minutes.

But also, there's a country that doesn't have download number at all (0 download count), and some not more than 10, LOL, do they ever use internet?

Funny that. You'd have thought all those millionaires in the Western Saharan and Guinea-bissau would be downloading these luxurious pieces of software at an alarming rate (that is after they'd bought their computer, bought a modem, hired a telephone line and paid for the Internet). :D

On a less sarcastic note, 8.3 million downloads is quite an achievement though. It might not sound like much but it works out at 96 per second. However, I wonder how many of these downloaders will still be using Firefox in a month's time...

Now that Mozilla has set this record, who do you think will attempt to break it? I'm pretty sure Microsoft won't dare do something like this... it wouldn't be fair, and it would probably cause ethical issues where they would try to redirect users or something.Honestly, I'm not that much of a fan of Firefox. I'm only using it for some addons without which I cannot live, for example, Adblock on certain sites (I disable it for sites I support :D)Opera and Safari have both been very fast in terms of starting time and browsing though. I guess Firefox has a few steps to make. I can't wait for 3.1 though...

i have seen that firefox 3 has some vulnerability problems that they are fixing but hiding out what it is. Hope they just fix this is as soon as possible.ill stay with my ie for now :D