xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

National Weather Service What a joke

Okay The other day the new jersey office of the Nations Weather Service put out a servere thunder storm warning for my area. No big deal really, But when the storm did get here, it was nothing. 1 little rumble of thunder and some rain, no wind or hail. I have lived in new jersey for 9 years and Never have I seen our NWS get a storm right! When I was growing up in Mississippi, They would put out a Thunderstorm or Tornado Warning or even a watch, They had it right. There would be one of the two if not both. Up here they just love to cry wolf, if the weather looks even a little bad. Don't they know that if they issue a warning it should be bad enough to warrent that? Not just 1 or 2 claps of thunder, and some rain? Peoples lives can be at stake here!True putting out a warning will tell people of the bad weather, But if the storm is not that bad, they will let there gaurd down. What if they did and it turned into a very bad storm? What then. They they the National Weather Service would have Egg of there face, just like they always do.It is the same in the winter. They will call for a Norester with heavy wind and snow. What do we get? less than a foot or nothing at all. It is only My Feelings but I think They should be trained better. Or sent to another Weather Service where they cant hurt anyone with there bad forcasting.

I don't know where the locations are, but there could be lots of reasons for this. Say for example, the clouds had to traverse across a hill before it reached your town, it'd lose a lot of it's water hence not as much rain. However, I get the same thing too. The weather people aren't really up to it these days.

So they are saying that the weather will be horrible and completely crazy, but it does not happen? Well I would rather like them to say that is bad, then saying that it is no big deal. What if they said there would be some drops of rain, when it was a huge and dangerous storm?It is hard to predict such things, and what they say is not facts; but predictions. It is to help you, and in many cases they get it wrong. It is not much they can do about it, just wait for some crazy new way of predicting the weather comes up. There will always be some places they are better to predict it, and... well, not much to do with that either. Here we are used to rain. There are more rain than sun; so when a sunny day comes up we are happy. We know we can not trust what the pretty weather women at the television says, but we can use it as a guideline for what will happen. If your "weather people" always make the problems bigger than they are, you should know that and be aware of it.

I don't know where the locations are, but there could be lots of reasons for this. Say for example, the clouds had to traverse across a hill before it reached your town, it'd lose a lot of it's water hence not as much rain. However, I get the same thing too. The weather people aren't really up to it these days.

Location is Jersey, and they do this more offen than not. They way I see it is if one say we do have a true server thunderstorm, everyone will think, oh its just gonna be 1 little clap of thunder and a little rain, and someone is gonna get into trouble or even killed.