xisto Community
amirborna

Losing Weight

Ok I'm not fat but at the same time I kinda am. I mean when you look at me with close on, I don't stick out anywhere. I always tuck my stomach in all the time too. Thing is, only place I stick out is from my butt. It's kinda big, but not FATI look big boned on the outside. LiterallyI'm 230, 5'8" and whenever people see me they ask me are you on football teamThing is I never played sports XDI got stretch marks on my shoulder and biceps and triceps but I got lucky you cant really see them, they aren't the red kindI have the red kind on my low stomach below belly button but the redness is fading awayI got the stretch marks because I grew fast. From 8th grade to know I was 190-230I tried going to gym working out using stairmaster and eating little but it works just a little bit. My chest is bigger and bigger biceps but I just want to get smaller. I'm even bigger than my dad mascular wise tooYou guys have any suggestions? No diets and stuff, It's just I want to get smaller

you are probably just a lil big boned it sounds. I have poor genetics as well that aren't very forgiving. For me, I have to just RUN. By running and getting your cardio in at least 2 times a week for ~30mins a time, you will notice a big change. Increased cardio will also shrink your stomach and you will not be craving as much. Lay off the "gym" lifting and just do cardio for 4-6 weeks hard. I promise you will notice a difference. Cardio is where it's at. I laugh at all the people in the gym doing situps when they are aren't skinny as a rail. If you don't run to get the fat off your stomach, no matter how strong your abs are, they will never show.

Yeah haha it's funny the fat people doing sit ups at the gym till their shirt gits wetWhat you going to do have 6pack and be fat everywhere else? 6pack only works if you have low body fat, I have huge packs dude when I tighten them they are hard but the damn fat :DAnyways all that sucking in the fat does help my 6 packs IMO, thats what 20 pounds of constant holding in? And cardio too many people have told me to start running, and with you yes I will start running I guess. One day I will wake up at 6 in the worning or something and go run while listening to my ipod, I have a track right beside my house.Thanks for encourement, if you got anything else to say plz do.

Cardio is great, and a wonderful way to burn some calories. But I do disagree with another post here. Weight lifting is GREAT for burning fat. For one it burns calories while you are doing it, but besides that, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. When you weight lift, you essentially are breaking down your muscles, and what do they need to build back up bigger and stronger? Fuel. Big body builder have to eat a TON of food, just to keep their muscle maintained.

Another big thing that I haven't seen posted yet is diet: The main reason this country has such an obesity problem is SUGAR. Yes corn syrup counts as that too. If you can just cut sugar out of your diet to start, that would make a huge difference. Switch to diet soda. If you must have sweets, look for no sugar added, they make all sorts of these for diabetic people, and they taste almost as good. Of course fruit would be way better.

My suggestion to you is to take it one step at a time. Start with a small goal to begin with. Say lose 3-5 lbs in 2 weeks. The reason most people fall off the wagon is because they're goals are set to high. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a big goal. Just that its easier to break it down into smaller goals for success. Try getting some cardio in (2 times a week IS a good start) and invest in some dumbbells, or better yet a gym.

One more quick thing: hold yourself accountable. If it is hard to get up and go do these things. Or stick to a diet. Tell a friend or family member what you are doing. Better yet, TELL US! I'd be happy to hear from you about how its going!