xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
claudlu

Flash Newbie Question question

hello i'm new to flash. i have a .swf movie which i decompiled with Sothink SWF Decompiler in .fla and I also exported the resources. so far so good, i entered the resources directory,i changed the names and texts with my own and now I am wondering how do i rebuild the whole "resources" directory as a .swf ? can someone help ? thanks.

i would help but i dnt quite understand what you are saying.. maybe you could pass a link .. i dont understand what you are trying to do . but yer

You will need the Flash Authoring tool.Its Adobe(formerly Macromedia) FLASH CS3 (latest is CS3) . You can get a trial from their website..Fla is the default extension for the Flash files. When you open up you Fla in Flash you get an option of publish under files tab. You can also select publish settings. You can publish your file as a Gif also . Most of the ppl don't know that. the default published files are .swf and .html.both the files will be saved where the .fla file is. btw. .. if you are trying to work with flash, Try using the Flash CS3 only. I don't like the easy publishing stuff like swish :D. They tend to get complicated. Its just a suggestion.If you need any help regarding flash, feel free to PM me :( I'll help you as far as I can.

i am so sorry but i cant really understand what you are trying to say but if converting is the problem then you should try "total video converter" it is a really good converter and it converts a real lot of video formats including the .swf although the micromedia flash encoder can do it i recomment this one because they are many different type of videos out there..please try to further explain what you are trying to say

Bought a flash shopping design and no idea how to install it!Flash Newbie Question

Hi, I bought a couple of products online which when downloaded provide me with a number of files and some instructions that baffle me, the developer (whose first language isn't English) has tried to help but doesn't seem to 'get' my confusion.

Reading other posts here it appears that there is no way to load up this stuff with out buying expensive adobe s/w - surely that can't be the case?

Here's my email to him (asking specifics about his instructions) (btw - I'm on Intel Mac OSX 10.5)

"Dear xxxx, I DO understand all the parameters in the Xml file - that's easy.I don't understand steps 2, 3 or 4I have a site where the 'root' index.Html file and alongside I have Images and Pages foldersYour s/w folder has in it - many .As files (eg Cart.As), config.Xml, descriptionStyle.Css, two folders (caurina & img), source.Swf & source.Fla.step2.Add a UltimatePayPalShopDrag UltimatePayPalShop  (Do you mean drag the  UltimatePayPalShop.As file?)To stage form libary (where is this located?) And set name to myUltimatePayPalShop (change the name of the file? That I understand)At keyframe 1 (where's keyframe 1? Inside some code?)step3.Load config file Add script at key frame 1 (where's keyframe 1? Inside some code?)MyUltimatePayPalShop.LoadConfig("config.Xml");step4.Publish swf fileSave fla file (you mean move it to my server? Where? At the same level as my root "index.Html"?)And you put (all .As file and floder caurina) in same floder of your fla file (all the .As files that came with the download?)And select File-> Export-> Export Movie to publish swf file (From what platform/application?)Sorry I don't understand your instructions, I'm sure this is obvious to you."

To which he replied:

just open source.Fla and publish it(file->export->movie) swf fileAnd just test swf fileThat is all

All I need to do is embed this stuff into my existing webpages and ftp it over but I don't see how.

I've discovered that .As files are actionscript output files. Is actionscript something else I need to buy?

Thank you greatly for any clarity - it's the process of getting these into my site that I don't get.