xisto Community
ivantoar

Recommend Your Software! (pay Or Freewares) Let the others know what software is good

Softwares with similiar function is many nowdays. It's hard too find one, but why we must find if someone can recommend it? So guys, please share your recommended or must install software. Including the price (if pay) and the functions.

Ok, I start it first :

WinAMP - Multimedia player
KLite Mega Codec Pack - Multimedia player & codec

Eraser - Erase data permanently

IZArc - Archiving utility (supports 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO!!! for free)

IrvanView - Image viewer with many feature (check it out guys)

Switch Sound Converter - Audio Converter

Free 3GP Video Converter - Convert many videos to 3GP (mobile phone video format)

P.S. : I need a good video converter for PC, can you recommend anything to me?

IrfanView is a must-have for me :) Other programs that I always install to a fresh computer:

FoxIt Reader (instead of Acrobat Reader)

7-Zip (instead of WinRar, WinZip. I didnt know about IZArc)

Real Alternative (instead of RealPlayer)

Check out my blog entry for a list of my other favorite free softwares

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

By the way, Moyea FLV Converter It's not free but it's shareware is enough to convert flv videos to mp3 so i can listen on my mp3player.

Hi, i use linux and the soft i use is free.The most used to play music is XMMS, and for video Mplayer.For "photoshoping" i use Gimp.If anyone knows a video editor for linux please post it. It would be of great help for my job.Regards

If anyone knows a video editor for linux please post it. It would be of great help for my job.

Cinelerra is probably your best bet. If you take the time to learn how to use it, it is incredibly powerful. There are plenty of tutorials and documentation out there on the net.

It's just like VLC. Better interface, much less bugs, and easier to understand for the novice/noob. However, it's windows only.

OK, preety enough description to make me interested. I'm gonna try GOM Player as soon as possible, hahaha.Anyway, I need program to tag my MP3 file, can you recommend some? And one more thing, I cant show some content like audio in my browser, it says it need quicktime plugin, but I dont want quicktime. Can you recommend something to bypass this?

Mp3 Media Studio for tagging but it's not free and I dont remember how much it allow you in shareware version.But for quicktime pluging, go and download " Quick Time Alternative "

Some software I recommend are:

Defraggler:

Great draging program as it helps defrag your computer a lot deeper then the standard windows defrag program.

SmartFTP:

Awesome ftp client and very user friend and configurable

RamDEF:

Good program to have to help clean up your RAM if you have used a lot of it or have an old computer.

Spybot:

Need I say more about this software

Glary Ultilities:

Great program to have to help clean up your computer such as the registry, empty folders, temporary files and folders and other good stuff.