xisto Community
tractor

First Design Feedback

The HTML 4.01 Specification, which your code is set to use, doesn't actually define the embed element, so you can't technically use it. HTML 5, however, does define the embed object.

I'd go with the maximum that the standards specify:

<embed src='http://89.46.37.45:8500/' width='300' height='65' type='application/x-mplayer2'></embed>

I'm not sure what MIME type that is (application/x-mplayer2) and I couldn't find it on the list. The rest of the stuff you had in there is not in the standards and shouldn't be used.

However, that code still won't make it play in Firefox on Linux :D I have checked to make sure that MPlayer (the plugin Firefox loads to play the audio stream) will play that stream, and it will, so I guess there is still something in the code that it doesn't like.

Update: Turns out that application/x-mplayer2 is actually Microsoft's obscure, non-standard name for Windows Media Player files. Clever, name Windows Media Player after a major Linux audio player... Anyway, I checked and I can play other streams identified as application/x-mplayer2 so I assume there is something about that feed which is non-standard, so the plugin for Linux doesn't like it.

the site itself looks realy nice and well done the black foreground and black ground goels well with the purple thing behind them. but the radio itself doesnt work for me but the site looks realy nice.

the site itself looks realy nice and well done the black foreground and black ground goels well with the purple thing behind them. but the radio itself doesnt work for me but the site looks realy nice.

Linux also? I am currently working on the coding. I will post any updates.

Just to keep you posted, I've also downloaded and set up another plugin for Firefox to play your stream. It still doesn't work, so either there is something wrong with how Firefox is handling your stream, or your stream is incorrect/non-standard, so won't play.