xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gc87

Train Simulator

Are you looking for free train simulation game? Downloadable & Free 100%?
If you haven't done so, try looking at:

http://mackoy.cool.ne.jp/index4.html

If you want to look for trains and routes? Go to Google and look for them!

"BVE Train Routes" is a great place to start. Let me know if you have other great simulators that doesn't cost anything :D

Well I don't know about other free Train Simulators. But I know about a great Simulator. I think that it will be good enough to add this in the list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Train_Simulator

Notice from rvalkass:

Either put copied text in Quote tags or provide a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Train_SimulatorTrain Simulator

Are you looking for free train simulation game? Downloadable & Free 100%?If you haven't done so, try looking at:If you want to look for trains and routes? Go to Google and look for them!"BVE Train Routes" is a great place to start. Let me know if you have other great simulators that doesn't cost anything ;) 

-reply by Samuel O'Gara

Can someone tell me how to use that BVE? I downloaded some route, but it won't run without a train. So I downloaded a train, the first one I found, GM Class 59 BVE 4 Version 07.08 simulating hauling heavy stone train, and it was an EXE that installed into what I thought was the right directory.?It just keeps saying it can't find the train.

You think someone in the world would just translate that Mackoy's website to english for him, instead of having 100 english tutorials elsewhere that you have to google. I'm still trying to get it working, thinking I may be using old trains with new Bve..I have no idea..I can't get a train loaded even when I download that Blueridge1.2 I thought came with a train! I even tried editing the .csv and installing a new train, can't get it working.

Well I figured it out somewhat after a while. Kind of cool, I didn't know there was such a big community of virtual railroad fanatics.

For bve you need to have the right train for the route when you select the route in the info section it should say what train you should use. As for Microsoft train simulator I think its a bit outdated now and there are a few new ones on the market now especially rail simulator which is simply the best train simulator on the market right now. Microsoft have said they are considering making a new train simulator but it would be based on the FSX engine! Anyone who has played FSX knows that unless you have the highest computer imaginable the game will have very low fps so if they do consider making a new msts I hope they don't use that engine.

microsoft train simulaterTrain Simulator

I own the M.T.S. And think its great , very lifelike. I also added  Great western London to Swindon,

And that is also realistic as I know ? Ive traveled From london Paddinton to Swindon.On the real thing

-feedback by waterfall487