xisto Community
dhruv

A New Skin?

The skin here is default to my knowledge.So it doesn't make it differnt and unique from other forums.I suggest to invest in a skin. Simple as this and easy to look at but differnt hex colors etc.On Zeta boards you can change through differnt themes. I'm not sure about I.P board, but if this is possible you can keep this also and give a selection of themes so people can decide on what there prefer.Also the banner could do with some updating. The outer glow on the top text make's it look well, not very good. Everyone who's used photoshop knows it's pretty simple to do. Don't take my advice wrongly please :DJust some suggestions.Thanks.

The skin here is default to my knowledge.So it doesn't make it differnt and unique from other forums.
I suggest to invest in a skin. Simple as this and easy to look at but differnt hex colors etc.

I think the reason we use the default skin is due to all the modifications installed. It is very difficult to find a theme that will work with all the modifications installed on a forum (speaking from experience). People are also used to where things are on the default skin, and how they work, which makes things easier for everyone. Changing the colour would work, but personally I don't have a problem with the blue as it is, and it would no doubt be a lot of work to recreate all the images for the forums but in a different colour.

On Zeta boards you can change through differnt themes. I'm not sure about I.P board, but if this is possible you can keep this also and give a selection of themes so people can decide on what there prefer.

I think a few forum versions ago we did have a choice of skins (correct me if I'm wrong, it might have been IPBGaming). As far as I know, most people liked the default theme, and it does make it easier to explain how to use the forums if everyone has the same theme.

Also the banner could do with some updating. The outer glow on the top text make's it look well, not very good. Everyone who's used photoshop knows it's pretty simple to do.

If you want to create a new logo, I'm sure no-one would have any objections to taking a look at it. Just remember it has to be fairly simple, fit in with the theme, and fit the current dimensions.

But the default skin is part of Xisto, it links us together, I am part of Xisto, taking away the skin would be taking away a part of Xisto thereby, taking a part of me. So please don't change it! :DSeriously I don't know whats wrong with it, It does everything needed, its reasonably good looking and is easy to naviagate and it works, so why change it?

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Seriously I don't know whats wrong with it, It does everything needed, its reasonably good looking and is easy to naviagate and it works, so why change it?

Just for a change from the normal. As default themes are used like hoes around differnt forum software.

Also and Kobra i could give the logo a try, but not any time soon after exams.
If someone could remind me after June 20th that would be good :D

Thanks.

I think it just looks too default for me. When you do a first install of IPB, this skin shows up, so many forums look this way. I just think a simple color change would be nice.

Yeah it does look very default-ish. I just can't piture any other color but blue. I would like a different theme but they have so many mods on this forum that it wouldn't work out right.