xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Kicked Out Of School For The Day For Wearing A Signed T-shirt facism is rife

As many of you will know today is the last official day for year elevens sitting there GCSE's in the UK. Because of this many people today, okay most of the year decided to sign each others t-shirts. A few were told by their tutors to bring spare t-shirts however there was no formal announcement, no assembly or letters home so the majority of people didnt know.Anyway I got kicked out for wearing a signed t-shirt, by my obviously facist headmistress: dr owen, and her army of the four or five staff in the school that nobody actually like whom were patroling the school looking for people doing it. So she talks to a handful of year elevens who she has found and says "im dissapointed, do you think it's acceptable" to do so. Now normally I would have a good debate... ok argument why the person is wrong and I am write that it is acceptable, but so close to the exams it wasn't worth it. The funny thing is that 98% of the staff don't care, hell I even have a signature on my arm from my science teacher who by the way is a legend! So here I am last day of school at home.I wanted to hit dr owen, the stupid cow. My mum agrees with me, my dad made the joke "who signed your t-shirt? - bin laden" which I thought was funny. It's stupid, there was a member of the governers there as well I had half a mind to ask him what he thought of it all. Or even better, get another teacher get all the year elevens to write "you are a cow, facist etc" and then send it to her.I have half a mind to write an anonomous letter to her asking how it feels knowing that the parents and realatives of 200 odd year elevens all think she is a stupid cow. Asking her wether this is a school or facist dictatorship and wether or not she was bullied as a child really unpopular and no-one signed her shirts.Anyway thats my rant, if theres anyone who agrees with her point of view then please tell me so I can take out my feelings on someone who can't do much about it :D !!!

People are so uptight sometimes... or all the time. I'm sure it was something you had to be there with, because as of right now I have no real say since I don't know Ms. Owen at all.To joke about a wanted terrorist having signed your t-shirt should have warranted either a laugh or a blank look... but not to be sent home. That's outrageous. It's your last day! You should be enjoying it with all of your friends, colleagues, and professors!I guess you can be glad you don't have to deal with her again... until you return for more schooling. :D

I really don't know much about the situation either... so I can't really say much, but there should have been some other solution than to send you home for that. I mean, was there anything offensive on your shirt? If it was just that people signed it, then so what? What's the big deal? Even if there was offensive stuff on t-shirts in my high school, all the teachers made the students do was wear the shirt inside out for the rest of the day. Wouldn't that have worked in your case too?Some teachers just like to act all superior to the students because it makes them feel like they are worth more than they really are. Those teachers are actually very small individuals that just like to keep the students down. It's more pathetic to see these teachers, knowing they have nothing better to do than try to ruin a students high school career.

God, I'd hate to have a last day at your school. Ours was amazing if it is any consolation :DJust be happy in the fact that you won't have to see any of those teachers again :D I think it's more that she was trying to regain some of the control that teachers feel is lost on the last day, with everyone defacing the uniform and sounding air horns and stuff. Hopefully your last day of Year 13 will be slightly better :D

I will, I'm coming back in 6th form, I like the teachers but some of them really need to get a life, most of them you can have a laugh and a joke with and don't care if your shirts untucked!

If a family can be detained at the customs just for being overheard saying the word 'bomb', your situation is no surprise, although it's ridiculous.(the child was actually asking the parent why security was so tight and the parent said 'to ensure that nobody's bringing bombs in, and the police swooped on them when they heard the word 'bombs'. By the time they proved their innocence, they had missed their flight and there was no compensation given!People are way too uptight about these little issues!

Heck you be surprise how stupid some teachers are, I saw this program in which a student was suspended for wearing his countries flag on his bag, however, after a "white" made soem insensitive comments that started a fight. However, the the teacher suspend students who were fighting with this girl but she didn't get punished whatsoever. Those punishments got suspended after a smart adult review the situation, and I find it funny when teachers try to be all hardcore and strict and end up becoming a laughing stock. I don't mind punishing students for bad behavior but I find it sad when students get suspended for three days for chewing bubble gum or something stupid like that.

Please don't put up with this sh**. I would have gone into school and resumed my daily activities. Thats completely ridiculous. Let that bit** drag you out of class. I'm not familiar with the UK legal system but I would definitely sue her *bottom* if she tried to obstruct my learning. Usually at most schools in the US, you can wear whatever shirt you want if it doesn't have to do with alcohol, firearms, or sex. Other than that, the clothing can only be breaking the rules if it is inappropriate or exposing midriff. The signatures on the shirt would not create attention that obstructs the class so there would absolutely be no way the headmaster could make me remove such a shirt. I would win the lawsuit so easy its not even funny. Please tell Dr.Owen to face reality and stop being a bit**. Just my opinion.