xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Drumlne07

Back From First Year At College

Well, I just finished my first year of college and well the freshmen 15 is a real phenomena. Except i gained the freshmen 20!! I have never really been THAT active of a weight lifter but I would like to gain some muscle mass and just get into general better health. Any tips, pointers, ideas, diet and weight lifting facts and what have you would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

I just finished college and my first year i gained a solid 15lbs. It is most likely the lifestyle of drinking, partying, eating bad food...I would suggest drinking lite beers, working out as much as you can, eating good when you can help it, and stick to drinks that aren't fruity(have too much sugar)my favorites are bombay/tonic, seagrams 7/7-up, or jack/cokedon't drink diet, it has artificial sweeteners with really bad side effects over prolonged use....did i mention work out alot? I have less than desirable genetics so i have to really bust it to stay in shape.

I just finished college and my first year i gained a solid 15lbs. It is most likely the lifestyle of drinking, partying, eating bad food...

I would suggest drinking lite beers, working out as much as you can, eating good when you can help it, and stick to drinks that aren't fruity(have too much sugar)

my favorites are bombay/tonic, seagrams 7/7-up, or jack/coke

don't drink diet, it has artificial sweeteners with really bad side effects over prolonged use.

...did i mention work out alot? I have less than desirable genetics so i have to really bust it to stay in shape.

I'm sorry, but I almost 100% disagree with your post.

First off, drinking lite beers won't do anything as your drinking empty calories, and no calories doesn't mean its still good for you. Therefore cut it clean except for special events. Also, all sodas are way way way bad for you, and im including that in with the diets (diet coke, diet mountain dew, diet sprite, etc).

Also, it is said that fruit drinks, like hawaiian punch, anything from tropicana etc, those beverages are better for you then sodas, but they are still bad for you over all.

Working out a lot is the worst thing anybody could do for their body. You MUST let your body rest about 48 hours. Lifting weights and running are two different things i mind you, so you should have a even balance of both. The easiest way to gain weight for most people (im talking fat) is starving yourself. DO NOT ever starve yourself. When your eating a big meal, take it slow, it takes 20 minutes for your food to reach your stomach, once it does, your stomach quickly processes it and tells you if your full. If your not keep eating. Eating breakfast will help your liver, as it won't starve that or your stomach. You are gone sleeping for about 8+ hours of the day. If you do not eat breakfast, you will gain wait because your body needs to store the fats from foods, instead of getting rid of it, so it can make sure it doesnt starve.

I'm sorry, but I almost 100% disagree with your post.

First off, drinking lite beers won't do anything as your drinking empty calories, and no calories doesn't mean its still good for you. Therefore cut it clean except for special events. Also, all sodas are way way way bad for you, and im including that in with the diets (diet coke, diet mountain dew, diet sprite, etc).

Also, it is said that fruit drinks, like hawaiian punch, anything from tropicana etc, those beverages are better for you then sodas, but they are still bad for you over all.

Working out a lot is the worst thing anybody could do for their body. You MUST let your body rest about 48 hours. Lifting weights and running are two different things i mind you, so you should have a even balance of both. The easiest way to gain weight for most people (im talking fat) is starving yourself. DO NOT ever starve yourself. When your eating a big meal, take it slow, it takes 20 minutes for your food to reach your stomach, once it does, your stomach quickly processes it and tells you if your full. If your not keep eating. Eating breakfast will help your liver, as it won't starve that or your stomach. You are gone sleeping for about 8+ hours of the day. If you do not eat breakfast, you will gain wait because your body needs to store the fats from foods, instead of getting rid of it, so it can make sure it doesnt starve.

Thanks - I definitely need to gain weight and this comment really helped. I dont drink at age 18 and am pretty healthy but im underweight due to my height of 6ft3...

I too disagree with the previous post - drinking can damage your liver and cause serious long term health and physical effects on your body.

:P