xisto Community
jjaenagle

Secure FTP information and assistance required thanks for helping

how do i set up sftp on Xisto or do i just need to set it up in my transfer software. Im sorry for asking this, but it kinda confuses me.so far i have ftp:ftp host: ftp.apolopedia.comusername: jjaenagle@apolopedia.compassword: ********----------------------------------------------------when i did it in filezilla as sftp, it gave me some kind of warning... the server's host key is not cached in the registry.and then fingerprint and a bunch of stuff.trust? I canceled and came here to ask.now do i need to go into cpanel and set up an ftp?----------------------------------------------------------------------i would like to set it up for dreamweaver though

Just a quick question: why would secure ftp be required on Dreamweaver uploads?Usually secure ftp is for sensitive data only.just asking.

If it worked without a private key in filezilla then it should work fine in dreamweaver.

That warning *should* happen the first time you connect -- but only that once (it's to stop people from spoofing the server). Make sure you save the key when it prompts you.

Hope that helps.

how do i set up sftp on Xisto or do i just need to set it up in my transfer software. Im sorry for asking this, but it kinda confuses me.
so far i have ftp:

ftp host: ftp.apolopedia.com
username: jjaenagle@apolopedia.com
password: ********

----------------------------------------------------
when i did it in filezilla as sftp, it gave me some kind of warning... the server's host key is not cached in the registry.

and then fingerprint and a bunch of stuff.

trust? I canceled and came here to ask.

now do i need to go into cpanel and set up an ftp?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i would like to set it up for dreamweaver though