xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Bogus Grand Theft Auto Iv Contains Trojan

Well not really surprise that hackers are targeting this game after scoring $310 million dollars in the first day, and what gets me is that people were downloading the pc version days before it came out, So either complete stupidity on the fact people though it came out early or the fact they didn't know that these games would loaded with malware goodies. Nonetheless, I think its time gaming companies start taking cheat codes out of games and write protect files and that way they can't be over written.

SOURCE

I did not know the PC version was going to be out so soon I thought it would be out late in October. It is their own fault for trying to download it illegally though before it even came out. I am sure that is not what the person who put in the trojan had in mind. At first I thought this was going to say that the console games had a trojan that killed the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, that would have probably been much worse.

Well anyone stupid enough to download it deserves dozens of virus' on their computer, if they really wanted it they'd have realised it's not even coming out for pc yet!

I totally agree with kobra500. If you're not even smart enough to know that it is not even released on the pc yet, then you deserve to get spammed with malware and viruses. Grand Theft Auto IV still isn't available for the pc yet, right? If it was, it would make sense why people would try to download it. But seriously, how can you be so dumb to download a nonexistent/unreleased game?

Instead of downloading illegally i say you buy the product and therefor support the company to create furthermore games to come in the future. As a result getting a bogus copy + a trojan virus wouldn't happen at all

Edited by litchy (see edit history)

Typical, dam hackers. Grand Theft Auto 4 obviously would eventually have this kinda thing happen. Grand Theft Auto 4, biggest game for the consoles. It's quite upsetting really, people would pay good money for this game and then to have this trojan unleashed on them. DAM HACKERS!

Typical, dam hackers. Grand Theft Auto 4 obviously would eventually have this kinda thing happen. Grand Theft Auto 4, biggest game for the consoles.
It's quite upsetting really, people would pay good money for this game and then to have this trojan unleashed on them. DAM HACKERS!

It clearly states that GTA IV isn't yet released for PCs... Therefore, I assume all those who got infected woth those virii and malware and whatnot, didn't actually pay for anything... And when you obtain a game legally, there is no risk of getting that lovely trojan/viral fruitbasket along... Otherwise, you could sue the company that made the game, for distributing viral content... Simple...

So I agree, if you are dumb enough, not to turn your brain on for like one second, you deserve to get infected... Come to thing of it, you should be banned from using a computer for about 10 years ;)

Oh, and on a side note, hackers don't crack games and put trojans in, crackers and hacker wannabes do that... hackers have a better way of spending time, than infecting a bunch of people stupid enough to download something that doesn't even exist...