xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LooneyMS

Need For Speed

Oh NFS 2 SE was really amazing - put aside the graphics and it can be called the best game in the series. It was really thrilling using all those tracks and cars and in those days, it was jaw-dropping to see graphics like that!!!

Yeah i know what you mean at "that" time there werent many 3d graphics accelerator cards about. On mine, a 1996 pentium 120 Mhz (tops at the time) i had a 2 mb 2d graphics card. The graphics were slick as anything i had seen at the time. But it performed so well!The choice of cars was good and simple - porsche, supra, corvette, lambo, ferrari, etc. I always went for the ferrari as the lambo was a little too difficult to handle.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

And there was a special car that could be unlocked - the RX or something like that, and that was really insane! Blazing speeds and still easy to control - I preferred that car over ferrari and was never disappointed

Darn i never played the special car for it, it was probably the white ford on steroids. The music for the NFS series has always been good too.

I think the special car was created exclusively for the game and doesn't really exist like the other cars. As for the music I think Hot Pursuit 2 has the best soundtrack - simply different from the rest of the bunch....

when i played these games 1-2 years ago, it was mostly at my school, it was clear that everyone liked nfs carbon the most, im not sure why but it was the best at that time, am i the only one that thinks games both pc and consoles are losing its feeling, i'm not sure how to explain but its so focused on graphic, where did the game play like bubble bubble and bomberman go?i miss those times.

I have carbon but i hate it.I am not confused from EA,but i don't like it.Newer versions are very much better,and that is the way they need to be,but i think Electronic Arts did not need to make that much stupid game.I like Need for Speed Undercover and it have good feelings-wonderful graphics and very good models.You need to have good render to play this 3D game.Now i am playing more GRID because i don't want Carbon,and i like it.It has very much things,like multiplayer,it has formulas and it is good.I haven't good configuration for this game and i need very low resolution,but still it looks so real.Just try it...All things like menu are three dimensional and the game is looking like movie.Specialy i like the world mode,because it shows real world,and it is zooming,and zooming and after zooming very much game starts.I can see GRID team worked so much and the intro is very very good.I like the name,and everything is OK.I don't like only the racing places,because there is very low number of street races,every race is not near the city so you can't race there.If there is new version of GRID,please inform me,i don't know what version i have...

i think drifting is the most fun ^^ and YES, haha they release way to many games, all the same.i remember playing need for speed prostreet , it was impossible to play with a keyboard, to enjoy the game u had to have a wheel for it to be fun=(haven't tried the newest need for speed games though.