xisto Community
FaLgoR

Login System Lets do it :)

lines 5-10

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">[/br]<link href="../style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">[br]<title>SPONK INDUSTRIES - LOGIN</title>[/br]<style type="text/css">[br]<!--[/br].style1 {

Is there any way to stop Dreamweaver MX 2004 putting in styles automatically, all the font sizes are pixels now :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dreamweaver is actualy trying to maintain compatibility with W3C standards. In HTML 4.01, styles do most of the config, and some tags have lost their properties, like <TD> losing it's BGCOLOR property.

So, every time you change a font, font size or color, Dreamveawer will create a new style... I don't think it is possible to disable DW to add styles; you'll probably have to delete them manualy.

Oh, and... Great login code, helped me in making my own :rolleyes: Thanx FaLgoR

Add some RegEX (Regular Expression) to verify the informations :rolleyes:
Use it like this :)

[br]// Checking to see if the characters of the pseudo are valid[/br]if (preg_match("!^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]{4,14}$!", "$pseudo"))[br]{[/br]// Checking to see if the email is valid[br]if (preg_match("!^[a-zA-Z0-9._-]+@[a-z0-9._-]{2,}\.[a-z]{2,4}$!", "$email"))[br]{[/br]// Checking to see if the characters of the password are valid[/br]if (preg_match("!^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]{4,14}$!", "$password"))[br]{[/br]...[br]}[/br]else[br]{[/br]?>[br]Invalid password[/br]<?[br]}[/br]}[br]else[br]{[/br]?>[/br]Invalid email[br]<?[br]}[/br]}[br]?>[/br]Invalid name[/br]<?[br]}[/br]<?[br]}[/br]
With this one you can't register a pseudo with letters like $*¤}, etc...
Then you can't insert HTML or PHP into the form :)

Ok, im having ploblems with the login page, Ive looked at it, but nothing seems to be wrong (not to me anyway)

Here is the code in login.php

<?include("conn.php");if($do_login){$login = stripslashes($login);$passwd = stripslashes($passwd);$check = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM members WHERE login='$login' LIMIT 1;");$user = mysql_fetch_array($check);if($user[password] == md5($passwd)){setcookie("login","$login",time()+360000);setcookie("pass","$passwd",time()+360000);header("Location: userspage.php");}else{print "Username or password incorrect!\n";exit;}}?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN""http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><title>Toxic Sims</title></head><body><span class="style1">LOGIN</span><form action="login.php" method="post"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">  <tr>    <td><span class="style4">Username:</span></td>    <td><input type="text" name="login"></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td><span class="style4">Password:</span></td>    <td><input type="password" name="passwd"></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td> </td>    <td><input type="submit" name="do_login" value="LOG IN!"></td>  </tr></table></form></body></html>

The registration page works, but whenevey I try to login it says, 'Username or password Incorrect!'

the info is correct and conn.php has the correct info in it too...

What is wrong? have I put the php code in login.php in the wrong place or something?

Thank you,

Craig.

I have never workes with mySQL in the past, what do you mean by 'md5'????

Sorry for being such a n00b!

41668[/snapback]

It can hash a password :rolleyes: (azerty = 16vfd54rz8g4esh68rthr (something like it :) ))

md5 is an encrypted code. just check the database. If you see: yourpassword its wrong. If u see gt5rgtregtrhr897hterh9treh7trehtrhtr98 it's right! :D~i've changed the registration page because it was not encripting the passwords, so maybe u register with the old page and its not encripting. Try to register again with this new registration code. P.S. dont kick yourself because u did never work with mysql, nobody were born knowing it :/\_

YES! My fault, I didnt think you updated that page... :rolleyes:ALL working now, its just my other site, thats a fault of my host, (Not Xisto) I think...Ill update those files and upload them... then ill post here if I cant find a problem...