xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PCessna

Java Or C++

I will provide you with an excellent article on this topic:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I had read that article already. That is pretty old. Java has undergone some dramatical improvements these days. And java was improving in its performance with new release of every version. No, I am not sayint C++ is slow. I am standing to my previous opinion....it depends. Really it depends. The benchmarks are changing when the program changes. And different programmers are writing different opinions. Look at the forllowing articles...

The Java is Faster than C++ and C++ sucks Unbiased Benchmark

and look at this article. It is latest and based on Java6. Yet Another Java vs C++ shootout

But there are some other bench marks and analysis saying that C++ is faster. Basically they are using differnet algorithms so these different results. So, performance depends on the programmer, his code and the algorithm he used..... :)

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Java 6 has not done too much to improve the JIT implementations IMO, they have now completely removed the memory management from the user's hands. JVM handles everything now. And I think a few more features like navigable sets, maps have been introduced. I feel they are more concerned with what the new changes will do to the existing legacy code which is limiting them to quite a large extent.Coming back to your arguments I think we have summed up years worth of debate on the very topic...Ultimately the verdict should be - use the language you are more comfortable with and you will get better results. Programming skills count more than the programming skills and proper implementation of concepts is what is more important.

Yeah. We finally agreed at some point. :) The speed mainly depends on our programming skilss, and what inbuilt libraries we use. All others are secondary. So lets stop our argument here.... :)

hey java is d best in programming coz it doesnt need any complier as c++it only need a JDK which is for all os but in case of c++ we need a complier for every os.for further assistence contact me......rite2alok@gmail.comortestingpirakx@gmail.com

hey java is d best in programming coz it doesnt need any complier as c++it only need a JDK which is for all os but in case of c++ we need a complier for every os.

I'm sorry but that statement is utterly incorrect. Java does have a compiler. It is part of the JDK. The binary is called javac (stands for 'java compiler'). The difference is that it compiles Java source code to bytecode that is interpreted by a runtime.

Also, each platform requires its own version of the JDK to compile programs and the JRE to run them. There are many (dozens) of platforms that have no JDK / JRE support. In contrast, C / C++ (certain subsets) work on all those platforms. Obviously, this applies to many smaller platforms that most people are not aware of.

Still, please don't spread misinformation if you are not sure of how certain programming languages work.

Regards,

z.