xisto Community
bishoujo

Problem With Time/date On My Computer

Friend the problem is of only CMOS battery and please check whether its working well or  not if yes then remove it and re-insert it by wipping it out and place it in correct position I.E positive upperside of motherboard

hope it might help as I have also faced it 

-reply by Jay Kejriwal

same problem hereProblem With Time/date On My Computer

same problem here,, I set the date and time and then I restart after restart it goes back to default time..! you think format can solve this problem??? Please give me some advice..!tnx

-reply by brax

good jobProblem With Time/date On My Computer

men you are so good advicer you rocks men good job now I know how to fix the problem on the time 

-reply by Lemiric

Time & Date automatically changingProblem With Time/date On My Computer

I set date and time and then I restart after restart it goes back to January 1st 2005 and 12.00 am. I formated my system no.Of times, but again facing same problem. How to solve? Suggest me.

-------ADMIN REPLY

Its possible that your PC battery has drained. Please replace it and check again.

-question by phani

hey I am also facing the same problem.Several time i formatted my computer but the problem is still their. But its not battery problem. I checked my battery, its working, full 3.0 V. I think the cause is virus.... hammm its bad...

I continue to have a problem with my date and time changing randomly. The computer is only 3 months old and has been doing this since the moment I purchased it. It continues to revert to 2009, but without the same month or date. The computer was manufactured in 2010, so I cannot understand how it keeps reverting to 2009. I have tried recovering it with no success. I try to be safe with the types of websites I open, and I always copy and paste internet links. I feel that I am pretty knowledgeable about computers, having listen to leo laporte for ten years, but I have never seen this issue before. It is affecting all the files on my computer. I use quikbooks, and I thought I was loosing my invoices, so I was retyping them, to find out that it was storing them under the wrong date. It is also doing is with my emails. Ii will type an email to a customer and they say they are not recieving them. I got inot big trouble with a customer because they thought I was ignoring them. I was preparing a report of my communications with them and I could not find most of the emails. After researching a little deeper it had time stamped my emails for 2009, and when sent to my customer the emails were being place at the bottom of the list because of the time stamp. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO TO PREVENT THIS.

i think basically fault lies in your bios battery. There is a battery when you open up you cpu and it located on your motherboard. It mainly controls the cpu clock and some inital setting when you just pull that battery off from its slot then everything just gets blank and starts from the first. But when it doesnt work then the problem of the cpu occurs. I you want it corrected then you better take a new bios battery from the hardware shop or just look for an old computer you can find that battery in there. Usually no one bothers for that battery so you can take advantage and pick that battery and walk your way home.

Yes as many other peoples have mentioned the most reason for such a thing is battery of your motherboard but i should say sometimes the battery itself is not dead, sometimes the circuit that handles the battery is damaged, in this case even with changing of battery your problem will not solve, if your motherboard is an old one you can even fix that circuit yourself but in the modern ones you have to throw your mother board in trash can because you can not repair it. by the way i have a P1 PC and even after 12 years of working with it, it still handles clock correctly without any problem and i haven't changed its batter even once. Sometimes a bios virus can change the time, there is only one or two of them actually doing that and they are very old and i don't think any computer will be infected with them till someone wants to do it with your PC, if you want to see that your problem is from battery or from a virus then you should turn off your PC wait for 2 minutes and then turn it on again in the most cases when the battery is dead it still can keep your clock working for two minutes but if you have a virus then in most of the times even with a restart your clock will be changed. if you found that you are infected with a bios virus then you should search internet to find how you should remove them, sometimes each bios virus has its own procedure of removing so you should try many of them to find out which one is working for you.Actually two years ago i had a similar experience, in my case every time i turn off my PC and turn it on again the date was something random and sometimes it was future ! like 2014 or something like that, i thought it is a bios virus but everything i done there was no effect. i was working my pc with false times as i was failed in every way but someday i tried to change my motherboard, in that time i disassembled my PC and then i was going to buy a new motherboard but i said lets put them together and see what happens and i was really surprised because everything was working after that! i don't know what was the reason but i don't think that was the batter because a dead battery can't get your clock going faster than normal and show you future, maybe there was a fault with some connection.

If your computer time/date is not updating its most likely a server error. Go to control panel - date and time - internet time tap (top right) - change setting and change the server from drop down box. Hit update, that should cure the problem. :)

The system clock, while turned off, is maintained by the CMOS battery on the motherboard. They usually last for a quite a few years, but it could be that the battery has gone flat. It's just an ordinary watch battery (those 1.5V flat disc batteries) so should be quite easy to find. Replace it and see if it helps.

yea its found on the motherboard, silver or black in color. This serves as the battery for the time and date of the system and it works fine for 4 moths without get charged once. (I had once not opened one my old system for 4 to 5 months but when i opened i saw the time and date was uptodate.) If you remove the battery and put it in the slot again then it will show the most initial date and time, in my case its always 01 Jan 1880. rvalkass is right. You should try changing your battery. HOpe so it works.

I could not open date & time box... I change everyday date & Time by run command... and continue working with it... double click on date & time but it's not open.. and in the control panel same result were come.....so.. plz. any one can solve this problem?tell me... the solution..

Hello friends,I would like to say, at first you 1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click Date/Time. 3. On the Date & Time tab, configure the correct time, and then click OK.To determine if the time loss is a result of a weak computer battery: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click MS-DOS Prompt. 2. At the command prompt, type time, and then press ENTER. 3. Compare this time with the time that is reported by the clock on the taskbar. 4. Type exit, and then press ENTER.If the computer's time and the time on the clock are different, the computer's battery may be too weak to keep accurate time, and it should be replaced. For information about how to replace the battery, refer to the documentation included with your computer.Best regardsVicky Milza

Generally time/date problem in computers gets rectified by changing the CMOS battery as it supplies power to the board to keep the time and bios settings. This is actually a first step taken by the computer technician and if the problem still persists, then he will further go ahead with some virus problem... like that.... to make your day :)