xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lethologica

'pixie Dust' Made From Pigs Bladder That Regrew A Man's Severed Finger!

Holy crap! I'm pretty amazed that we can do that now!! This is so cool. We can technically regenerate now :):lol:

The cells are scraped from the lining of the pig's bladder and then "the remaining tissue is then placed into acid, "cleaned" of all cells, and dried out." It can be turned into a sheet or powder. The pixie dust was sprinkled onto the guys finger.
The military are interested in this and are going to start trails to regrow skin and fingers of injuryed soldiers.
I think we just discovered something amazing here...we will probably find out how exactly it works and do even more with this first step!

For more information here is the article The Man Who Regrew a finger
I also found videos of them showing/explaining it and also them talking to the guy with the severed finger.
Video 1
Video 2

Edited by lethologica (see edit history)

That was crazy....I mean, I've heard about it, but to actually see pics of what appeared to be that stuff working is absolutely phenomenal. Next thing you know, people who literally lose half their body in a tragic freak accident would be able to regrow it back.

Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

Hey! Maybe we could re-grow SM's brain! :lol:No, seriously, there's so much science has to find out, we've only just begun to scratch the surface. I've heard that anyone who's under 50 or so right now can expect to live another hundred years with the projected advances in science. It's not too late to quite the synthetic "food" diet now, though. That nasty crap will give you problems later on. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a cigarette to smoke... :)

Now that is just insane... I couldn't believe what I was reading until I clicked on that link and saw the story for myself. It's incredible the advances that are being made into the medical field now a days. And things just keep getting better and better every day :lol:Hopefully that will help out lots of people that have been hurt, so that they can regrow back fingers or other tissues that they've lost. I know it's a long ways away to seeing the full potential of something like that, but that's still incredible that it was even able to do that well. I'm astonished really.

Yeah I heard about this from my science teacher. A guy accidentally chopped his finger off, and his friend had made 'Pixie dust' He didn't think it would actually work, he just did it to humor his fingerless friend.He had previously scraped some cells from the inside of a pigs bladder, and soaked them in acid. Soaking them in acid killed most of the cells, but the ones that didn't die kept most of the properties of 'Stem cells'Stem cells can adapt to the body, and make brand new tissue or organs, or anything. Newts for instance, have the ability to keep producing stem cells throughout their life. if a newts arm was to get chopped off, it could grow it back in a matter of hours. Starfish also have this gift- you can chop a starfish up into 5 pieces, and from that, 5 starfish will grow. its amazing technology.There was a young boy who was sight- impaired. He was put in a maze, and it took him 1:27 to get through, and he walked into almost every wall of the maze. They then injected stem cells into the back of his eye, onto the rettana (These stem cells were harnessed from the umbillical cord of new born babies) and his vision improved dramatically. He was put in the same maze again, and he made it through in 14 seconds.If stem cells can regrow organs and raplace mutated cells, then this could possibly work as a cure for cancer (If caught early enough) Its amazing how science technology is improving. Amazing.Thanks.

Wow, The story about the eye is special. This is great, now people can grow their...whatever back I guess. I just wonder if this treatment would be expensive or cheap.This is really great new and I hope we can use this in the future :lol:This might be the cure is chronic illness? Could it?If that happens, then it would be great! This is where money should be invested in, not in weapons :) Well, hopefully, we can use it in the near future ;)

Holy Pig!!That is amazing, I know they have been researching this for years... Who would have thought a pig bladder was going to be it?? This is a major cientific breakthrough.... I didnt know starfishes had this gift also.... Hehe, you can buy 1 and get 5.. I have a question though... When a new finger grows, will it be identical to the old one??

When i read this story i was shocked on what they were able to do. This is a major breakthrough if they are able to regenerate limbs, people who lost limbs cause of war,sickness etc.. Will be able to get those parts back. I really hope they keep researching this find.

Holy Pig!!

That is amazing, I know they have been researching this for years... Who would have thought a pig bladder was going to be it?? This is a major cientific breakthrough.... I didnt know starfishes had this gift also.... Hehe, you can buy 1 and get 5.. I have a question though... When a new finger grows, will it be identical to the old one??

Yes the finger will be almost identical. There could be enviromental factors affecting this, such as if the old finger had a scar, the new one would not (unless you cut it again lol) Starfish do have the gift too, but their stem cells are only in the center of the starfish- as long as each section of the starfish has part of the center, then yes a new starfish will grow.

Wow, The story about the eye is special. This is great, now people can grow their...whatever back I guess. I just wonder if this treatment would be expensive or cheap.This is really great new and I hope we can use this in the future

This might be the cure is chronic illness? Could it?If that happens, then it would be great! This is where money should be invested in, not in weapons Well, hopefully, we can use it in the near future

The eye story interested me greatly too, thats why I decided to share it. As you know- Farmers are considered 'Poor' people. if they are poor, but can afford pigs, then this suggests that the treatment would be relatively cheap. The real question though, is it right? If we play god, and kill pigs to save a mans finger, we could wipe out all the pigs in the world. However if we could find a way to keep the pigs bladder alive for a couple of hours after death- then we could wait for natural death to occur, and then freeze the stem cells for use in later days.

If we harnessed this power, many illnesses could be fixed quickly, easily, and more to the point, cheaply. people who have lost whole limbs, or need replacement organs (If we found the technology to grow stem cells into organs in test tubes ETC) Could get them easily.

Thanks.

The eye story interested me greatly too, thats why I decided to share it. As you know- Farmers are considered 'Poor' people. if they are poor, but can afford pigs, then this suggests that the treatment would be relatively cheap. The real question though, is it right? If we play god, and kill pigs to save a mans finger, we could wipe out all the pigs in the world. However if we could find a way to keep the pigs bladder alive for a couple of hours after death- then we could wait for natural death to occur, and then freeze the stem cells for use in later days.
If we harnessed this power, many illnesses could be fixed quickly, easily, and more to the point, cheaply. people who have lost whole limbs, or need replacement organs (If we found the technology to grow stem cells into organs in test tubes ETC) Could get them easily.

Thanks.

One thing, Wetton, the pig's bladder. What they are extracting from it is not stem cells but the matrix that makes up the wall of the organ. Like the way they used to use the intestines of an animal for sausages.

What is really cool about this is that they are giving the body a matrix on which to regrow the cells instead of forming scar tissue where the slower forming cellular matrix isn't anymore. The science of it shows that the body has the ability to regenerate so long as it has a 'scaffolding' to build it on. And, guess what? they can grow differentiated organ structures in test tubes. I remember there was a breakthrough a few years back where they grew a functioning aorta valve.

I have seen a report on Yahoo about "Pixie Dust" some time ago. It truly has some amazing possibilities... After reading that report I did some searching and I found out scientists are hoping that in future they will be able to grow entire limbs or even organs. I guess sometime in the future we may owe the pig more then our daily food.PS: This seems to be my 500 post! I salute all other fellow users!

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)