xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Avg 8.0 Free Released

Grisoft released the latest version of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition on 24th April. Read More...

The AVG Anti-virus Free Edition 8.0 has a many enhanced features and a new interface.

some of the new features are,

* Enhanced & Updated Antivirus

* Anti-Spyware

* Safe Search

* Link Checker, it checks the links in the google results for their security.

The reason why I love AVG is that it doesn't hog too much system resources. It requires a modest configuration of,

* Intel Pentium 300 MHz

* 30 MB free HD space

* 256 MB RAM

What it actually lacks is technical support, multilingual support , Anti-rootkit, Anti-spam, Firewall, Safe downloads, Safe Surf and Safe IM, but we get all the basic features necessary to keep our system free from virus :lol:

Download AVG Anti-virus 8.0 Free Edition

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

Download dot com features AVG Free Edition v8.0.1Your link shows v8.0. Did it go through a patch upgrade already?**UPDATE April 28,2008**I have installed on one of my computers and so far I am pleased. However, this LinkScanner is annoying me really! I can see the advantage to others.. but I don't like having some program telling me it's safe to visit--that's why I run Virtual Machine if I'm going to visit unknown sites. Arrrgh! The program runs fine even after disabling LinkScanner. But the fact that the system tray icon now shows Red Alert exclamation mark is driving me nuts. And few of us here know how "difficult" I can be if I don't have my icons all lined up LOL

update avg 8 0Avg 8.0 Free Released

I have installed avg 8 0 free on my computer.And this anti virus work correctly. But I have some problems, first, I don't know how to updating avg 8 0 free if my computer dosn, connect to internet, because I didnt have internet.

Second, if I download the avg update, what I have to do to updating antivirus if I download the antivirus used flashdisk. Please, help me. Thank you!

-question by efri yunita