xisto Community
electriic ink

Where Do You Stand? religiously speaking

Where Do You Stand?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im from Philippines too and non sense beliefs here are still strong, but I do not believe in Religion nor would want to waste my time knowing if God really sent his sons know is someone must have created us and he is accepting WHATEVER with arms wide open, no matter how sinful you are.Well i think God sent his sons(prophets) to start wars here.. :lol:Also dont you think the world will be a better place if people think "There is no evil, but only upbringing."- by uncle ho

I choose #2, I believe in God and my religion is Baptism. Ive been living about 21 years of my life attending church xD (so from birth lol) but it was mostly due to parent strong belief that children should go to church. But yes :lol: Im positive God exists.

I was wondering, what exactly about God doesn't make sense? Can you elaborate? Perhaps I may be able to clarify some things.

Of course I do not fear death therefore, do not need god as a confort blanket.

Does that imply that God is a consequence of fear?

I don't see why some have the need to believe in a god.

This sort of goes along with the previous quote. I don't believe in God because I want to, I do so because I am compelled to come to such a conclusion based upon my research and experience. The afterlife objection fails when you bring deists into the equation. For the most part, they don't expect any sort of afterlife, but still believe in a deity. Fear cannot be used as the motive.

I mean, just because we don't under stand something doesn't mean we have to use the myth, "god did it".

That's a bit of a straw man. There are plenty of religious scientists.

I man, what evidence is there? I have found none!!! Of course if anyone has any, just send them to me. I am open minded and would believe if presented with sufficient evidence.

If only it was handed on a platter, things would be much more simple. You'll have to turn to cosmology and arguments for this one. Asserting naturalism and asking for evidence of something supernatural is, in my opinion, slightly arrogant.