xisto Community
maplestory

How Do I Acces My Www Folder And More?

Guys i want to change my WWW but im not sure how to do this i would be happy if anyone helps me alsoi have a mySQL created by navicat and i want to upload that so like ppl from my site can make account on my mySQLPLZ help me i would be really happy

If you want to upload your files to your hosting account you need to go file management > click on the folder icon to public_html and you will load up all your files there. Also it is recommend that you get a FTP software to upload files quicker, I recommend SmartFTP, fireftp, or cute ftp.

The WWW folder is an "alias" name for the public_html folder. Anything you place into either of the folders named public_html or WWW will show up in both. The www folder is only a symbolic link to the public_html folder, so load your files into public_html is the suggested spot.

As SM said, go to the cpanel of your account, select file Manager, then select public_html ny clicking the 'folder' icon, then select upload files. You will see the form for browsing your harddrive and then after you have selected the file(s), continue uploading.

Access the files by using an URL similar to this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ .

Any more questions, please ask. Thanks.

it is done automatically, anything you load in your public_html folder everyone will see. You will need to have at least one html file named index in order for people to see something on your domain, and then you will link the rest of your site with that index file.

How do i turn my wrebsite online and i have my own database how do i let othere make account because i use navicat database not the ones you have

How do i turn my wrebsite online

Just uploading files into the public_html folder makes them available to the world, so your website is online. There isn't a button or anything to turn your website on- or off-line.

and i have my own database how do i let othere make account because i use navicat database not the ones you have

Navicat is a front end manager for MySQL, so I presume you are using a MySQL database? If so, you'll need the server name, username, password and database name to connect to the server. Then you'll need to write a script using PHP to collect users' details and put them into the database. If you take a look at the Tutorials section of the forum, you'll find quite a few tutorials that deal with setting up a user system.

darklightms.com can you try if it works my website wont open i changed public_html premsissions to word but it doesnt work do i change prem to work for all files?

CONSOLE

rob@rob-laptop:~$ whois darklightms.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net/
for detailed information.

No match for "DARKLIGHTMS.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:14:38 EDT <<<

You might want to buy that domain if you intend to use it. You need to pay for any domain name you want to use.

Going straight to your hosting space through the ugly address ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) it looks like you don't have a file called index.html or index.php in the /public_html/ folder.

Where is my public_html folder?

How Do I Acces My Www Folder And More?

I'm relatively new to this so if the question seems stupid sorry! :S

I want to publish my website and apparently I must have my files in the public_html folder... But I can't find it! :S

I read in other posts about a www folder but can't find that one either :S... Can the wwwroot folder be used?

HELP! and thanks in advance :D

-reply by yours truly

----------- ADMIN REPLY -----------

Yes, Do try uploading an index.html file inside that folder and try accessing your website.